View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 165 of 241 FirstFirst ... 163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewyWahid View Post
    The white decals were very cheap, $5 I think, but they look great. I'm trying to kid anyone. I've been posting my experiences with buying and building a Chinese bike on my club's forum. I went to the chaingang tonight and the ride was much smoother than my Giant Team Advance ISP T-Mobile. It is a lovely ride and very happy so far. The only issue I have is the stupid seat mast topper as it kept slipping i.e. I couldn't keep the seat level (I'm glad I didn't a full carbon seat!). I love the decals and will keep them. The guys from the club were really impressed even the guy with a Cervelo SL3!

Any advice on the seat topper will be appreciated. I might invest in the Ritchey WCS mast topper 37mm for £50.

Danny87, not many places, but I got my Cervelo decals from USA in 3-4 days. I would consider a full set of custom decals too.
    Don't suppose you have a link to the seller of those decals, if I can't find any custom decals, I may do the same dpeending on what I think of the frame bare.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by danny87 View Post
    Don't suppose you have a link to the seller of those decals, if I can't find any custom decals, I may do the same dpeending on what I think of the frame bare.
    ebay "bicycledesign" - I can't post a link until I pass 10 posts!

There you go mate!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    I believe the id of the isp is larger than 31.8mm so although you could use as steerer spacers I do not recommend doing so. Spacers should tight around the steerer.
    Ah, misunderstanding here. I mean to use the ISP cut off as spacers for the seat post.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Okey so I scoured back through the thread(s) here we go. Couple of guys have had good results from this guy in Brazil for decals.

$35 apparently have a looksy. Think I'm gonna drop this guy an email and see if he can do us some decals.

Stickers Design: Road

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by danny87 View Post
    Okey so I scoured back through the thread(s) here we go. Couple of guys have had good results from this guy in Brazil for decals.

$35 apparently have a looksy. Think I'm gonna drop this guy an email and see if he can do us some decals.

Stickers Design: Road
    Anyone want to go in on some UCI approved stickers and slap 'em all over our Chinese carbon frames?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rOyT-G3xc-.../s1600/UCI.jpg

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Aliexpress Ritchey Carbon Seatpost
    Wholesale ritchey carbon seatpost - Buy Low Price ritchey carbon seatpost Lots on Aliexpress.com

27.2 diameter
    197grams (47 grams over advertized weight)
    ~$45 delivered.

The finish is good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Be careful when e-mailing Dengfu...they have recently been the victim of someone trying to scam potential customers by using an email address almost exactly like theirs. I had very smooth and rapid (24hrs) response to all of my emails. I communicated with Mina at dengfusales@163.com and there was never a problem. Do not send money by western union. Only use PayPal so you are protected. My FM 015 with paint and many parts was delivered in perfect condition and faster than the estimate they gave to Los Angeles area.
    Brad Fuller

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    likely a fake

Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    Wholesale ritchey carbon seatpost - Buy Low Price ritchey carbon seatpost Lots on Aliexpress.com

27.2 diameter
    ~$45 delivered.

The finish is good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

Decals

I worked with Marco at copollo@bol.com.br and he did a great job on decals for me. I recommend getting an extra pair of the larger decals as you may find it easy to foul up your first or second try at applying the decals so have some extra. His pricing is great and he will even do the type face you ask for or send a picture of a type face and he can copy that. He will send you a computer mock up after he gets your set designed so you can approve it before he actually produces the decals and sends them. About 18-20 days from his posting to arrival in Southern California.
    brad

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by petepeterson View Post
    likely a fake

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

27.2 diameter
    ~$45 delivered.

The finish is good.
    Ritchey doesn't make such a post. Its actually a OEM Bontrager post painted to look like a Ritchey.

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    It's a replica of a nonexistant product...but does it match my Ritchey bars and stem?

And is it 100+ grams lighter than the post I was running?

One last thing. Oh my lord is it long. (That's what she said.) I need to cut five or six inches off it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah, misunderstanding here. I mean to use the ISP cut off as spacers for the seat post.
    It still doesn't make sense. Seat posts don't require spacers and how would you make an ISP into a seatpost bike anyway. I took a close look at that with my FM015ISP and had a 31.6 seatpost kicking around. I was able to insert it into the ISP mast up to where the seatstays join to the top tube but there seems to be quite a bit of carbon material and glue in the way. Not only that but the inner diameter of the ISP mast was ever so slightly larger than the 31.6 seatpost so it would translate into plenty of movement where the seatpost clamp would be installed. I would not recommend doing this, if you cut your ISP mast too short you could go with what I did the Ratio Tacto ISP mast topper. It gives you 30mm of adjustable spacers to raise or lower the saddle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    It still doesn't make sense. Seat posts don't require spacers and how would you make an ISP into a seatpost bike anyway. I took a close look at that with my FM015ISP and had a 31.6 seatpost kicking around. I was able to insert it into the ISP mast up to where the seatstays join to the top tube but there seems to be quite a bit of carbon material and glue in the way. Not only that but the inner diameter of the ISP mast was ever so slightly larger than the 31.6 seatpost so it would translate into plenty of movement where the seatpost clamp would be installed. I would not recommend doing this, if you cut your ISP mast too short you could go with what I did the Ratio Tacto ISP mast topper. It gives you 30mm of adjustable spacers to raise or lower the saddle.
    Ok, I have had the seatpost cut to size. Now the bit of the seatpost that was cut off was around 70mm and I was proposing cutting this in to say 5mm,10mm,15mm,20mm & 20mm circular pieces. So, if i wanted to raise the saddle a touch I would insert one of the cut-offs in to the seat mast and then place on to the seatpost. My Giant ISP uses this method for slight adjustment using metal ISP (not stem) spacers. If you look at the picture you can insert up to a certain point so you can up to 20 mm adjustment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0-p1170263.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Rabo46 - For what it's worth, I bought some 50mm clincher wheels from Mina at Dengfu and had no problems. Mina's service was fine. The wheels weren't 100% straight on delivery but everything turned up in good time and a few quick twists with the spoke wrench had everything sorted out easily.

After reading plenty of good feedback on Hongfu I've just placed an order for their FM039 frame and a few extras. Will report back on the outcome, but so far I've at least got a post tracking number by the end of the next day after paying.

Like bradf24 I paid by PayPal, but I don't think the protection with PayPal is any better than any other payment type unless you're buying from ebay AND paying by PayPal.

If you read the fine print in PayPal's T&Cs there are a few limitations on the protection, one of which is when you use PayPal to "Send Money".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ok, I have had the seatpost cut to size. Now the bit of the seatpost that was cut off was around 70mm and I was proposing cutting this in to say 5mm,10mm,15mm,20mm & 20mm circular pieces. So, if i wanted to raise the saddle a touch I would insert one of the cut-offs in to the seat mast and then place on to the seatpost. My Giant ISP uses this method for slight adjustment using metal ISP (not stem) spacers. If you look at the picture you can insert up to a certain point so you can up to 20 mm adjustment.
    Ahh lol I never thought of doing that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    I havenít ridden cross for a few years now but thought I might give it another lash in 2011-12. Apart from the TRP cantis and the Fibre-Lyte chainring, this machine was put together with a budget in mind and I must say Iím pretty pleased with the outcome. The frame is a FM058 from ebay seller Carbonzone and cost $763 shipped. I asked Carbonzone not to finish the frame which meant I could apply the decals and then clearcoat over the top for a better fnish. The bike weighs 7.65kgs (16.9lbs) as pictured. Decided to go the clincher route since I donít ride that many races and to be honest tubs would probably make little difference to my back-of-pack performances! I built the wheels myself using Rotaz hubs, again bought on ebay from a Chinese seller.

Frame: FM058 1224
    Fork: FM058 429
    Headset: FSA Orbit C CX 131
    Headset spacers: FSA 20
    Rims: IRD Cadence Aero 931
    Hubs: Rotaz 292
    Skewers: One23 titanium 44
    Spokes & nipples: Sapim Race 301
    Rim tapes: Contiental 36
    Tyres: Challenge Grifo 711
    Tubes: Schwalbe 207
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XP 176
    Seatpin: 198
    Handlebars: Deda Zero 100 266
    Handlebar stem: Syntace 114
    Handlebar tape: Lizard Skins 50
    Shifters: SRAM Rival 328
    Brake cantis: TRP Euro X 287
    Cable set: SRAM Rival/Gore 182
    Rear gear: SRAM Force 173
    Front gear: SRAM Force 87
    Front gear clamp: Shimano 30
    Top pull adapter: Speen Umlenker 7
    Crankset: SRAM Force 547
    Chainrings: SRAM Force/Fibre-Lyte 66
    Bottom bracket: SRAM Force 119
    Chain: KMC 10SL 225
    Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 10 196
    Pedals: Wellgo W01 297
    TOTAL 7674g

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by paterberg View Post

That is gorgeous

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Again a very nice bike! Congrats!

Best Regards Ove

I havenít ridden cross for a few years now but thought I might give it another lash in 2011-12. Apart from the TRP cantis and the Fibre-Lyte chainring, this machine was put together with a budget in mind and I must say Iím pretty pleased with the outcome. The frame is a FM058 from ebay seller Carbonzone and cost $763 shipped. I asked Carbonzone not to finish the frame which meant I could apply the decals and then clearcoat over the top for a better fnish. The bike weighs 7.65kgs (16.9lbs) as pictured. Decided to go the clincher route since I donít ride that many races and to be honest tubs would probably make little difference to my back-of-pack performances! I built the wheels myself using Rotaz hubs, again bought on ebay from a Chinese seller.

Frame: FM058 1224
    Fork: FM058 429
    Headset: FSA Orbit C CX 131
    Headset spacers: FSA 20
    Rims: IRD Cadence Aero 931
    Hubs: Rotaz 292
    Skewers: One23 titanium 44
    Spokes & nipples: Sapim Race 301
    Rim tapes: Contiental 36
    Tyres: Challenge Grifo 711
    Tubes: Schwalbe 207
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XP 176
    Seatpin: 198
    Handlebars: Deda Zero 100 266
    Handlebar stem: Syntace 114
    Handlebar tape: Lizard Skins 50
    Shifters: SRAM Rival 328
    Brake cantis: TRP Euro X 287
    Cable set: SRAM Rival/Gore 182
    Rear gear: SRAM Force 173
    Front gear: SRAM Force 87
    Front gear clamp: Shimano 30
    Top pull adapter: Speen Umlenker 7
    Crankset: SRAM Force 547
    Bottom bracket: SRAM Force 119
    Chain: KMC 10SL 225
    Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 10 196
    Pedals: Wellgo W01 297
    TOTAL 7674g

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun_Oz View Post
    Rabo46 - For what it's worth, I bought some 50mm clincher wheels from Mina at Dengfu and had no problems. Mina's service was fine. The wheels weren't 100% straight on delivery but everything turned up in good time and a few quick twists with the spoke wrench had everything sorted out easily.

After reading plenty of good feedback on Hongfu I've just placed an order for their FM039 frame and a few extras. Will report back on the outcome, but so far I've at least got a post tracking number by the end of the next day after paying.

Like bradf24 I paid by PayPal, but I don't think the protection with PayPal is any better than any other payment type unless you're buying from ebay AND paying by PayPal.

If you read the fine print in PayPal's T&Cs there are a few limitations on the protection, one of which is when you use PayPal to "Send Money".
    just sent email to jenny lets see if i get a response

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun_Oz View Post

will try sending mina a email today once i get home,thanks shaun.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    what a cracking build mate, lovely bike.

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Any durability concerns?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Any durability concerns?
    If so, he'll just buy a new part with all his prize money.

Great build. I love the internal cable routing!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    Any durability concerns?
    I used a Fibre-Lyte double set-up on my road race bike this year with no problems so I'm pretty happy with the durablity. I also tend to pedal rather than push so I'll probably be in the inner ring for much of the time during the races. I'll post an update after a few crosses.

Page 165 of 241 FirstFirst ... 163164165166167 ... LastLast