Page 201 of 218 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5450
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I bought my frame 3 months ago from them with email communication method.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    anyone have experience / builds of any chinese road disc bikes?

Frames - Disc Road Frames - VeloBuild

any ideas what these are open moulds of?

planetrobbi
    Dec 2013
    Hi there, I built up the LTK115D from longteng bikes also called the VBR 051. Its awesome. My build blog is here Topic: THE HULK ? Disc Carbon Roadie Build | velolounge.com.au

Attachment 299359

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    I bought my frame 3 months ago from them with email communication method.
    Want to share the email you used?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    First time poster here, I'd like to get some advice from you guys.

Recently, I've purchased Hongfu FM079 frame, planning to build it with new 5800 group. The problem is that 50-34 compact crank and front derailleur might be incompatible with frame, judging by SL06's post. Hongfu sales person said that should not be a problem, but she did not seem knowlegable enough. What do you guys think, should I play it safe and go with 52-36, which might be a bit too high for me gear-wise, or risk and try 50-34? Has anyone built FM079 with 50-34 5800/6800 crankset?

Road & Trail Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by planetrobbi View Post
    Hi there, I built up the LTK115D from longteng bikes also called the VBR 051. Its awesome. My build blog is here Topic: THE HULK ? Disc Carbon Roadie Build | velolounge.com.au

Attachment 299359
    Great, great job. Especially the paint, you're very skilled.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012

Re: Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by planetrobbi View Post
    Beautiful build and nice writeup. I built a disc road (Yishun FM145, aka Hongfu FM166) earlier this year, made some similar spec choices, but left it at effectively raw carbon -- hats off to the awesome paint job. It is not my daily/commuter bike, but I have a couple thousand miles on it now and absolutely loving it. Very happy with the purchase experience with Yishun and frame quality. And of course can't imagine going back to rim brakes (especially rim brakes on carbon).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Hmm, still unable to get a response from Zhongwei. Any other frames available that resembles the Roubaix or the Secteur?

Edit: I'm well aware of the FM028/029, but it's more a Trek H2 than a Roubaix
    Last edited by garfunkah; 08-25-2014 at 12:44 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014

something new

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 6.0

Yeah.. I want one in size 58-60
    Where to get that?

Black Widow Program
    Aug 2014
    hello everyone. This is my first post here after being a visitor for quite sometime. This thread is a big help to me trying to figure out if I go for a custom-painted frame or not.

Today, I am pulling the trigger. Anybody who have already ordered FM296 from Hongfu? So far, the business engagement with them is prompt and professional. I first talked to Jenny then she forwarded to me to their Sales. Rachel was the one who handled all my inquiries and design requirements. So far, I'm impressed by the service.
    This is a work in progress and calling it the Black Widow project. Leadtime of my frame is 20 days. Will update my post for the progress.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbringer View Post
    something new
    Nice bike. What frame, supplier ?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013

there are only 3 sizes are available now,what a pity
    Quote Originally Posted by meeeeep View Post
    Whooaaaa where did you get the F8 frame from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat 3 boy View Post
    I've been looking at F8 clones on Aliexpress - I posted a pic but it got lifted by the mods as it had P********* decals.

Anyone ridden one of these yet??
    well,no one has,i think.
    this is one of the first batch,and now it's painting.It will be back in few days,and then maybe someone would build it up.
    However,as i said,this is the first batch,i think it will take few months before it's on sold.
    of cause,it could be ordered now,for $460 without paint,but who wants to be a trier?
    Last edited by SingaporeSling; 08-26-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Forever a Student
    Velocarbon is selling the F8 copies on ebay for those interested.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Hi. I'm new here. Is posting pictures from and/or links to open mold frame suppliers considered an offense on this board?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeSling View Post
    Hi. I'm new here. Is posting pictures from and/or links to open mold frame suppliers considered an offense on this board?
    AFAIK it's ok unless the frame is a branded as a copy of a branded frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by garfunkah View Post
    AFAIK it's ok unless the frame is a branded as a copy of a branded frame.
    No. I meant blank open mold frames in their T cell-like as yet unbranded state. I asked because I've lurked here for the last year and it seems kind of arbitrary and inconsistent what is allowed and what is not allowed to be posted on this board. But thanks for the heads up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Also is anybody else experiencing display problems with this board today? Everytime I load a page it looks like it's been reskinned with a different layout or something. Weirdness.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    It might be the way you have it set up. Go to display (top right) and click linear mode.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Been there done that. I am in linear mode already. What I was seeing was not linear mode weirdness. But no biggy. Thanks all the same though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014

something new
    Looks awesome!!! What is it like to ride, what's the fit like?

Black Widow Program
    Aug 2014

Hongfu FM296 2014 Frame

So I made some comparison of the FM296 geometry and specs with two famous brands Z and Y. Table below shows that the FM296 doesn't fall that far from the race/elite geometry. The only measurement that vary a bit is the seat-tube length which I presume differs from where the brand measures theirs or probably Hongfu just cut their seat tube longer.

Geometry Comparison (mm)
    FM296 Brand Z Delta Z Brand Y Delta Y
    Bike Size 53 52 52
    Seat-Tube Length, B-B Center to Top 530.0 462 -68 483 -47
    Top-Tube Length, Horizontal 529.0 537 8 539 10
    B-B Drop 71.5 72
    Chain-Stay Length 406.0 405 -1 407 1
    Seat-Tube Angle () 74.0 74 0 74.2 0.2
    Head-Tube Angle () 72.5 73 0.5 73 0.5
    Fork Rake 45.0 45 0 -45
    Trail 62 56
    Front-Center 574.1 576 1.9 -574.1
    Wheelbase 974.6 970 -4.6 976 1.4
    Head-Tube Length 135.0 120 -15 110 -25
    Reach 376.0 386 10 392 16
    Stack 537 526 -11 519 -18

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    Hello there, I've had a search and come up with a blank, but was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the relatively new Velobuild R-055 / Zhongwei Z-CB-R-043 frames?

My only niggling issue with the frame is that as it's a take on the Cervelo R5/BSA, it also uses a BBright bottom bracket system, requiring a pressfit adapter if you want to use Shimano cranks (which I do).

Aside from that, it seems like Zhongwei are a decent enough outfit with no big issues as far as I can see frame-wise.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    I have this frame and it builds and rides great - the BBright BB came as part of the frame purchase and I dropped in a DA9000 compact crankset with no issues. Cups mounted flush and there are no creaks or cracks after 3500km so far. Frame in a 54 was 929 grams with 3 colors of paint and rear hanger - complete with Reynolds 46 clinchers and full DA9000 mechanical is 14.65lbs

As far as Zhongwei I have done 6 bikes using their frames - reason being the warranty and service. Lots of uneducated people state Chinese carbon manufactures will not stand behind product, or leave you in the dark if you have issues; not true. Purchased an 026 frame and rode it for 400km before the seat tube exhibited a crack roughly 20mm below the top of the seat mast. Sent pics from a few angles and was told the entire frameset would be replaced under warranty. I paid for shipping (they cut the cost substantially)and had a new frameset in 8 days.

Granted a shop carrying a big brand would not have charged shipping, but it would have taken much longer, involved lots of back and forth between the shop, distributor, and manufacturer. I am building a TT-01 over the winter and I will look no further than Zhongwei.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jerthehair View Post
    I have this frame and it builds and rides great - the BBright BB came as part of the frame purchase and I dropped in a DA9000 compact crankset with no issues. Cups mounted flush and there are no creaks or cracks after 3500km so far. Frame in a 54 was 929 grams with 3 colors of paint and rear hanger - complete with Reynolds 46 clinchers and full DA9000 mechanical is 14.65lbs

As far as Zhongwei I have done 6 bikes using their frames - reason being the warranty and service. Lots of uneducated people state Chinese carbon manufactures will not stand behind product, or leave you in the dark if you have issues; not true. Purchased an 026 frame and rode it for 400km before the seat tube exhibited a crack roughly 20mm below the top of the seat mast. Sent pics from a few angles and was told the entire frameset would be replaced under warranty. I paid for shipping (they cut the cost substantially)and had a new frameset in 8 days.

Granted a shop carrying a big brand would not have charged shipping, but it would have taken much longer, involved lots of back and forth between the shop, distributor, and manufacturer. I am building a TT-01 over the winter and I will look no further than Zhongwei.
    Great to hear!
    Do you have any pics of the bike built up? I'm going to be dull and plump for the stealthy matte UD on everything look, just as it will contrast with my current, rather bright road bike.
    Did you also buy bottle cages from them, too? I'm debating whether to pick up bars/cages as well.

Page 201 of 218 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203 ... LastLast