Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 216217218
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 5450
    TL@
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I cut of the excess steerer tube and added 105 carbon pedals.
    Also gave it a good clean.

I've done 1482km on it and I'm loving it more every time I ride it. It just feels quick and goes like stig.
    All the problems with Velobuild are all but forgotten.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Ha, did you have to repaint the car to match the color of the bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Have been riding a R-043 frame from zhongwei for the last 2 weeks. Its really light with 9000. Have to say Im really impressed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay561 View Post
    Have been riding a R-043 frame from zhongwei for the last 2 weeks. Its really light with 9000. Have to say Im really impressed.
    Did you buy through Velobuild, or did you go direct? How was your experience?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Garza View Post
    Did you buy through Velobuild, or did you go direct? How was your experience?
    Direct from Zhongwei great experience. Actually just bought a R-002 from them last week cant wait to build it up. Cant figure if I will do 6800 or 6870.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Direct from Zhongwei great experience. Actually just bought a R-002 from them last week cant wait to build it up. Cant figure if I will do 6800 or 6870.
    I ride Campy, so I can't advise on either gruppo. The R-002 frame is good for the price. Its stiff....really stiff. Some say its a little harsh due to its stiffness. On rough roads, I do notice it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Thanks for the heads up. I have no problem with harsh rides. That R-043 is pretty stiff itself. The BBright helps, though I ended up going with a Rotor BB instead of that weird one that was sent with the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Buying from Zhonwei

Do you think there is any advantage to buying from Zhongwei through Aliexpress or directly from the company? I wonder how the prices compare.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the heads up. I have no problem with harsh rides. That R-043 is pretty stiff itself. The BBright helps, though I ended up going with a Rotor BB instead of that weird one that was sent with the frame.
    Is the R043 from Zhongwei the same frame as FM066 (Cervelo R5-like)? Any issues with build quality or fitment? On Alibaba I don't see any size above 56 unfortunately.... I need a 58.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by masi85 View Post
    Do you think there is any advantage to buying from Zhongwei through Aliexpress or directly from the company? I wonder how the prices compare.
    Back when I was pricing frames, it seemed like the best prices were by going direct, and communication was much faster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    literally just waiting for cable stop to start build now!! come on dengfu! total build list is as follows (I will update with weights when I do the build!)

frame: Deng-Fu fm206 aero road frame (size 50)
    handlebars: 3t alloy ergonova 44cm
    bar tape: deda
    stem: deda alloy zero2
    saddle: fizik arione
    front brake: trp ttv
    rear brake: trp t922.1
    pads: swissstop green
    cables: front der- jagwire Teflon pro, rear der and brakes- yokozuna reaction
    group: Sram force 10 spd
    cassette: ultegra 11-25 6700
    chain: kmc x10sl
    bb: sram team gxp
    wheels: rolf prima vigor
    tires: conti gp4000s
    tubes: schwalbe extra-light
    skewers: deng-fu ti

bit of a mixed bag of bling and practicality! saddle will look very tatty atop the bike, however, it fits my rear end and cant justifying dropping 120 quid on a new carbon railed one (yet....)
    Last edited by asherstash1; 03-26-2015 at 02:47 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by masi85 View Post
    Honestly Im not sure.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by VQuick View Post
    Is the R043 from Zhongwei the same frame as FM066 (Cervelo R5-like)? Any issues with build quality or fitment? On Alibaba I don't see any size above 56 unfortunately.... I need a 58.
    Yeah it sure looks like the same frame. No build issues, was really easy to put together.

slow hill climber
    Good to hear it

I think we all had niggles with most bikes from VELO but sas you when they get sorted there decent bikes and worth the experience

Quote Originally Posted by TL@ View Post
    I cut of the excess steerer tube and added 105 carbon pedals.
    Also gave it a good clean.

I've done 1482km on it and I'm loving it more every time I ride it. It just feels quick and goes like stig.
    All the problems with Velobuild are all but forgotten.

TL@
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by karabas barabas View Post
    Ha, did you have to repaint the car to match the color of the bike?
    I orderd the car first and then asked for the bike in the same colour.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I have orderd a ICAN AERO004 (fm206) and i am blown away with how helpful Seki has been very good price for both the frame and 55mm clincher wheels set.
    Im replaceing a hongfu fm039 wich i was very happy with but fancied a change.
    i will post lots of pics of the build as looking on the web i can't see hardly any info on this frame.
    It should arrive in a week or so.
    id also like to thank everyone who contributes to this great forum, without it i and I'm sure many others would be lost in this world.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    Anyone building up some of the newer Aero frames?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Well I can honestly say I have had extremely poor customer service dealing directly with zhongwei from Dick Chen. They left out the headset and wouldnt send another unless I bought something, at first they wanted me to buy another frame. Funny thing is they said it was their fault it wasnt sent. Never was I told it was shipping. Though the frame looks good. Caroline was much easier to deal with then Dick Chen. Well now I have to look for a headset since Im not going to spend a bunch to get a neco one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 6.0

Who are the better dealers to deal with?

Seems like there has been some mixed reviews the past year?

Does anyone have a (fairly) complete list of who everyone is and what each of their list of frames that are worth looking at?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Caroline was much easier to deal with then Dick Chen. Well now I have to look for a headset since Im not going to spend a bunch to get a neco one.
    My deal with Sally Hu of Zhongwei went smoothly. I guess there is a bad apple there...

What the Hell is going on
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomedofthedead View Post
    The dude is right; get a proper frame from established manufacturers. Ask yourself this - if a bike breaks and you die, who is legally liable?
    If your bike breaks and you die does it matter if your bike was from a "real" manufacturer? I mean, you're still dead.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    If your bike breaks and you die does it matter if your bike was from a "real" manufacturer? I mean, you're still dead.
    So? Lots of people are interested in your life insurance claim. It matters a lot to those people. " Honey, it's always about the money."
    Last edited by myhui; 04-09-2015 at 05:34 AM.

What the Hell is going on
    Quote Originally Posted by myhui View Post
    So? Lots of people are interested in your life insurance claim. It matters a lot to those people. " Honey, it's always about the money."
    I don't need life insurance 'cause I'm going to heaven.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JaeP View Post
    I don't need life insurance 'cause I'm going to heaven.
    Sprinkle some money on your poor descendants once you get there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Since there is a debate regarding trust worthy sellers from China...please stay away from seller with following stores/nicknames:
    - HK FeiFan Trading Limited
    - Joshan900101
    - chinesswalton

He sells counterfreight frames, handlebars, wheels, etc. I bought frameset & handlebar from him and the quality is terrible. Diameter of the handlebar was different on both sides, paint finish was even wors and after 170 miles on the bike which my LBS shop hardly assembled (grindinh bearing bed to fit in, cnc BB for new threads since in the original threads the ultegra BB did not fit, etc.) my rear chainstay snappen which result in a crash.
    I contact him and after 14 days of constant messages and e-mail I received following feedback..."I sold you ok frame. If you want you can order another one. Frames don't have warranty"
    It,s crazy since they advertize 2 year warranty. I replied within minutes and stressed theis "so called warranty policy"
    Reply which I received back after 3 days without any hello or something and I qoute "NO WARANTY FOR CHINA CARBON"

According to above I would reccomend to buy from reputable sellers which are mentioned in this forum and don't go sideways with garage sellers who are evidently well aware that they live in other continent where no morale or business manners and end user concern are present!

Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 216217218