Page 3 of 218 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 5450
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Might have answered my Q..
    I looked an didn't find this.. but here are the FM028 & FM015 stack & reach.
    This allowed me to enter my Allez 52cm geo and compare... Stack & Reach calculator

    52cm Allez: Stack 546mm, Reach 380mm (baseline)
    52cm FM028: Stack 556mm, Reach 376mm (10mm taller, 4mm less reach)
    53cm FM015: Stack 549mm, Reach 371mm (3mm taller, 9mm less reach)
    51cm FM015: Stack 538mm, Reach 367mm (8mm shorter height, 13mm shorter reach, smallest)
    52cm FM313: Stack 566mm, Reach 376mm (20mm taller, 4mm less reach, largest)

    Grated, at most its 1cm-4mm in most cases, also I didnt account for stem length, as I just wanted to see frame vs frame
    FM028 52cm, slightly shorter reach, will get a slammed/longer stem.
    FM015 53cm, very close in stack, shorter reach, will get a slammed/longer stem.

    This makes sense to me.. tho maybe i'm totally wrong..

  2. #52
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Hi everybody,

    I'm looking to pick up some carbon tubular wheels and was wondering who the majority would recommend?

    Flyxii, Helin Liu, Blade X, etc.....there are too many to keep track of.

    If somebody could tell me who is reliable (fast shipping, good product, etc) or at least who to stay away from it would be great!

  3. #53
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33
    stay away from all of them!!!

  4. #54
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by zizi View Post
    stay away from all of them!!!
    stay away from this topic!!!

  5. #55
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by mmamalyga View Post
    Hi everybody,

    I'm looking to pick up some carbon tubular wheels and was wondering who the majority would recommend?

    Flyxii, Helin Liu, Blade X, etc.....there are too many to keep track of.

    If somebody could tell me who is reliable (fast shipping, good product, etc) or at least who to stay away from it would be great!
    How about asking in the wheels and tire forum?

  6. #56
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappymonkey View Post
    How about asking in the wheels and tire forum?
    I searched that thread but this one seems more active

  7. #57
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    248
    Well, I've been hoping to join the fun with an FM028 frame but I must smell or something. First I emailed the address on the site and every heard from them. Then I chatted with Lucky Ding on Alibaba and she said that email address wasn't any good so I sent the email to another address. Lucky got me pricing, great! I emailed Lucky again to make sure everything is in stock and get a final price with shipping and paypal and it's been about 3 days and I haven't heard a peep. WTF?

    Maybe this is just a sign that it's not meant to be. Who else has the same frame? RB002 on Carbonzone...any others?

  8. #58
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupkake View Post
    Might have answered my Q..
    I looked an didn't find this.. but here are the FM028 & FM015 stack & reach.
    This allowed me to enter my Allez 52cm geo and compare... Stack & Reach calculator

    52cm Allez: Stack 546mm, Reach 380mm (baseline)
    52cm FM028: Stack 556mm, Reach 376mm (10mm taller, 4mm less reach)
    53cm FM015: Stack 549mm, Reach 371mm (3mm taller, 9mm less reach)
    51cm FM015: Stack 538mm, Reach 367mm (8mm shorter height, 13mm shorter reach, smallest)
    52cm FM313: Stack 566mm, Reach 376mm (20mm taller, 4mm less reach, largest)

    Grated, at most its 1cm-4mm in most cases, also I didnt account for stem length, as I just wanted to see frame vs frame
    FM028 52cm, slightly shorter reach, will get a slammed/longer stem.
    FM015 53cm, very close in stack, shorter reach, will get a slammed/longer stem.

    This makes sense to me.. tho maybe i'm totally wrong..
    anyone confirm that I can still count? Mainly that my idea about the stack/reach sizes of the frames compared to my allez

  9. #59
    Vee
    Vee is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Vee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupkake View Post
    anyone confirm that I can still count? Mainly that my idea about the stack/reach sizes of the frames compared to my allez
    I do not believe that stack and reach should not be used to compare two different bikes. It doesnt work the way you are thinking.

    Edit: I stand corrected. Perhaps Stack and Reach can be used to compare frames after all, but I was advised against using it months back when facing a similar dilemma to Kupkake. Here is the thread from back then: Question regarding frame geometry. Do I have this right?

    Here is an excerpt from that thread:
    ...
    I am against using Stack and Reach.

    Reach, as it has come to be defined, is a really slippery number. Because it is a horizontal measurement from a vertical line to a point on an angled line (head tube), the height of the head tube can change the reach number drastically. Two otherwise identical bikes will have different "Reach" if the head tubes are different lengths. This not only makes it harder to compare - it creates a false impression that does not actually reflect your distance from saddle to steerer. It also takes more calculation to normalize "Reach" numbers from frame to frame.

    A simpler method is to use the "Virtual Top Tube" length, and then correct it for seat tube angle. The correction is roughly 1cm per degree of seat tube angle difference. So a 74 degree STA bike with a 54cm top tube would gain a centimeter to be very comparable to a 73 degree STA bike with a 55cm TT. The reason for this is that your seat set back adjustment is made independant of actual STA, so you are physically correcting for STA when you set up your bike. You end up with a horizontal distance between two roughly parallel lines (head tube and seat tube) that is true whether the HT is long or short. Stem length is also roughly horizontal, so comparing it to Virtual TT length makes sense.
    ...
    Last edited by Vee; 02-15-2012 at 05:51 AM.

  10. #60
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26
    I was under the impression that stack and reach were to be used in that manner. At least to determine frame size suitability.

    Since seat tube angle does not come into play in determining either of those numbers, the cockpit length would be affected if there is a big difference in STA between the two frames (given that saddle height is constant on the two bikes, a steeper STA will make the cockpit shorter, and a shallower STA will make it longer, also, your position over the pedals will change accordingly requiring a different setback/seatpost). If the STA in both frames is identical, you should be able to use stack and reach to determine what is needed to make a new frame fit just like the one you're riding.

    Final positioning can be adjusted with saddle/seat post setback, stem length/angle, steerer spacers, etc. I'd still recommend a fitting afterwards.
    Last edited by dr. locktopus; 02-15-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Clarification on positioning

  11. #61
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Thanks for the incite guys.

    I was thinking the same thing, esp since my allez TT is curved an not straight, so then my mind went nuts thinking, well if it drops down.. but isn't a straight line.....

    None the less, im going to use the reach/stack digits soley to figure general size differences. I know the FM015 is more aggressive then the FM028, if the FM015 came in 52cm I wouldn't even my bothered. But I guess really it boils down to using the stack/reach as a 'general' idea, as the rest can be cured by stem/saddle pos/seat post ect.

    I guess the FM028 is the best bet in 52cm. 5mm longer chain stay, 10mm taller HT.
    So I'll just lose some spacers.

    Prob grab it from Carbonzone on ebay.

  12. #62
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    910
    Quick question for everyone: my frame landed at JFK this morning. How does clearing customs work for these one-off imports? I think the frame has been labled as a "sample".

  13. #63
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by mmamalyga View Post
    Hi everybody,

    I'm looking to pick up some carbon tubular wheels and was wondering who the majority would recommend?

    Flyxii, Helin Liu, Blade X, etc.....there are too many to keep track of.

    If somebody could tell me who is reliable (fast shipping, good product, etc) or at least who to stay away from it would be great!
    Definately Yishun. I weigh 100kg's Never a problem. Go tubular though as with clincher they have a lowered brake track. It's a pain adjusting your brakes every race (unless of course you have a dedicated race bike). Anyway many on here have bought Yishun's. Most appear happy.

  14. #64
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    54
    over 100kg, what spoke count and rim do you have?

  15. #65
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: apachesix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    24

    ICAN AC053 on the way

    My Foil clone frame is now ready to be shipped. Long lead time, but I knew that going in (60 days from order to ship) and now to see how long it takes to get to Peru. Here are the specs: 54cm, BB30. Still working logos for Marco. And a couple pics:
    Attachment 251015

    Attachment 251016

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5
    Hi All
    My name is Steen and I'm new on this forum.
    I have just bought a new frame from Hong Fu.
    The frame is a FM001 with the fork a la pinerello.
    Is there anyone here who knows this frame? and what is your opinion about this frame.
    Anyone knows the Hong Fu company, and are they trustworthy?

    Best regards
    Steen

  17. #67
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Many people have them, and they are one of the more trusted companies over there.

    Also... Interesting.. Diamond Bicycles - Custom Carbon Road Bicycles- Home
    They do confirm the frames are from Asia, the FM028 is even still stamped in the frame geo. blue-print.

    Hefty mark up, but prob less wait and more responsive service for anyone concerned about buying outside the US... tho that doesn't mean ppl in the US can't have poor customer service.. lol
    Ebay shows them Located in Saint Augustine, Florida. Judging by the feedback they are having a good go at re-selling them too.

  18. #68
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupkake View Post
    Many people have them, and they are one of the more trusted companies over there.

    Also... Interesting.. Diamond Bicycles - Custom Carbon Road Bicycles- Home
    They do confirm the frames are from Asia, the FM028 is even still stamped in the frame geo. blue-print.

    Hefty mark up, but prob less wait and more responsive service for anyone concerned about buying outside the US... tho that doesn't mean ppl in the US can't have poor customer service.. lol
    Ebay shows them Located in Saint Augustine, Florida. Judging by the feedback they are having a good go at re-selling them too.
    Man. 100% markup is hard to absorb for immediate shipping and an ugly paint job. I realize that lots of companies are doing this, but it's the same as wheel companies have been doing for several years: we're going to buy these rims in bulk, have them built up to their specifications in a Chinese factory, and then resell them for $1,000 a set with their stickers on them.

    That's great and all; you're turning a dollar and building a 'more complete product line,' but what distinguishes between your bikes and every other shop doing this? Literally, the paint jobs. Everyone is already abuzz with "All frames are made in the same place," and these little resellers are making it so much worse.

    At least Stradilli is using hard-to-buy frames (like the Exocet/copy).

  19. #69
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    All to true, its an interesting concept tho. What it appears is this guy could run that out of his basement, completely on the side, and net a nice little chunk of change..

    ...Good question is what does the available market in the US think is a fair price to pay for someone taking a lot of the up-front work in sourcing the frames. Especially since the consumer pretty much can do a .5sec Google search an find the manuf. price... Prob not enough to quit the day job!

  20. #70
    Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Reputation: PaxRomana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupkake View Post
    Many people have them, and they are one of the more trusted companies over there.

    Also... Interesting.. Diamond Bicycles - Custom Carbon Road Bicycles- Home
    They do confirm the frames are from Asia, the FM028 is even still stamped in the frame geo. blue-print.

    Hefty mark up, but prob less wait and more responsive service for anyone concerned about buying outside the US... tho that doesn't mean ppl in the US can't have poor customer service.. lol
    Ebay shows them Located in Saint Augustine, Florida. Judging by the feedback they are having a good go at re-selling them too.
    LMAO! That's the company run by Mike Diamond, the 63 year old guy who got himself a 2-year doping ban. At age 63.

  21. #71
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenj View Post
    Hi All
    My name is Steen and I'm new on this forum.
    I have just bought a new frame from Hong Fu.
    The frame is a FM001 with the fork a la pinerello.
    Is there anyone here who knows this frame? and what is your opinion about this frame.
    Anyone knows the Hong Fu company, and are they trustworthy?

    Best regards
    Steen
    Hey there. I am on my second FM001 with the wavy forks.
    The bike looks even better in the flesh and I love the way it rides. Nice big BB area really helps when putting down a bit of power.I find the bike really reacts when I push it.
    The only thing is I really have to tighten the front wheel more the I am happy with because the wheel seems to 'bounce' on heavy braking.
    But I do get a lot of 'cool looking bike'.
    Happy Riding

  22. #72
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    hi guys.
    : E-hongfu-Bikes 50mm Carbon Wheels
    this one 50mm carbon whelsset is good??anyone bought??

  23. #73
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by persondude27 View Post
    e_baygoods (did we decide that was Dengfu?) has a frame/fork/seatpost/handlebar/cages/saddle setup for $580 US. That's pretty close to what I paid for my FM015 from Hongfu, except I had mine painted and didn't get a saddle.

    It looks like a good deal, if they're in good shape, but they appear to only sell a size 52. Bummersauce. Give me a call when they're selling 56s!
    e_baygoods is Flyxii

  24. #74
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Thanks for good answers

    My answer was placed on wrong place, sorry.
    Last edited by Steenj; 02-16-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Wrong place

  25. #75
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    LMAO! That's the company run by Mike Diamond, the 63 year old guy who got himself a 2-year doping ban. At age 63.
    He deserves to be banned simply for the colors he used in the website. Yuck.

Page 3 of 218 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •