Page 44 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 5096
    Gears 4 Good
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    I have the Dengfu FM018 TT frame and did not purchase the Bontrager saddle clamp but simply added a spring of correct length and tension between the two clamps in the same manner as the Bontrager seat rail clamp.
    To piggyback on this... My "forgotten" seatpost from Flyxii arrived yesterday. Last night I took the clamp mechanism apart and it has a spring in it. I greased it lightly and installed my seat. While off the bike, it's pretty hard to rotate, but when the seatpost is in the frame it isn't much trouble. Interesting though, there are 5mm hex bolts on each side, but only one turns. Probably best to have a wrench in each to prevent stripping anything, but not completely necessary. One side of the clamp bolt looked like a really long brake nut, which could possibly be replaced with titanium to lighten the mechanism. Will have to investigate further...

EDIT - I forgot to mention that the clamp has "16 NM MAX" printed on each side, but that seems quite excessive. I'll play with my torque wrench and see what is reasonable, but I'm guessing 10 would be more than adequate.
    Last edited by Seneb; 04-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneb View Post
    To piggyback on this... My "forgotten" seatpost from Flyxii arrived yesterday. Last night I took the clamp mechanism apart and it has a spring in it. I greased it lightly and installed my seat. While off the bike, it's pretty hard to rotate, but when the seatpost is in the frame it isn't much trouble. Interesting though, there are 5mm hex bolts on each side, but only one turns. Probably best to have a wrench in each to prevent stripping anything, but not completely necessary. One side of the clamp bolt looked like a really long brake nut, which could possibly be replaced with titanium to lighten the mechanism. Will have to investigate further...
    One more piggyback. Agree about the two 5mm bolts. I use one on the other side just to be sure it is supported and doesn't strip the bolt notches that are holding the one side secure.

I run about 7-8nm of torque on my seat clamp. Anybody else using a torque wrench and can comment?

Only had it slip one time during a bumpy brick road portion of a race, otherwise, the carbon paste and that torque has kept it secure.

I might get that Bontrager clamp for kicks and test it out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

Looking for recent business experience with DNK Carbon Fiber Technology Co.

I would appreciate if people who have recently dealt with DNK (specifically, Ms. Vivian Men) could share their experience.

I'd like to order parts from them but I am somewhat suspicious because they are asking for a 100% advance payment via wire transfer (they call it T/T). Is there a safer solution?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011

never TT!

Quote Originally Posted by cavern View Post
    I would appreciate if people who have recently dealt with DNK (specifically, Ms. Vivian Men) could share their experience.

I'd like to order parts from them but I am somewhat suspicious because they are asking for a 100% advance payment via wire transfer (they call it T/T). Is there a safer solution?
    if you go through and search payment methods on this site DON'T ever TT money, you have no come back. lots of Sad stories , set up a paypal account and pay that way, otherwise don't do the deal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Calling Photo Shop expert

Can you take the frame in the picture and change the red to a royal blue, the cervelo to vercelo, the s5 to G6 and where vroomen white design to cruising withmy design

Gears 4 Good
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTCR View Post
    Can you take the frame in the picture and change the red to a royal blue, the cervelo to vercelo, the s5 to G6 and where vroomen white design to cruising withmy design
    Does this work for you??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Thank you!!!

You are the man, thank you so much, it looks perfect!

flinty-eyed moderator

moderators note

What Vee was helpfully trying to tell you is that violates the no counterfeits rule we have here.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

flinty-eyed moderator
    I cleaned up the thread of posts involved to keep the thread on track.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I already posted a ride review of the Miracle Trade MC053 I bought, I thought I'd post a few more points about the frame and answer a bunch of questions that have been PMed to me. I've ridden about 1500 miles on the frame so I feel I have a few good answers at this point:

1. The internal cables do rattle. I bought some high-density chair foam at a craft store, cut off two blocks of it and stuffed it tightly into the top tube and down tube. I used a stiff piece of bent wire to do it. Please note that you need to take the fork off to do this which is a bit of a pain. I recommend doing it first before you start assembling the bike. The good news is that this simple fix works like a charm. Bike is completely silent now.

2. I've had no problems with the seatpost clamp or the seat rail clamp. Both haven't creaked at all or slipped. If you buy this frame, you're stuck with the Mircale Trade (non-round) seatpost, something I was a bit worried about. It turns out that it works great.

3. I've had no problems with the included headset. It's never loosened and has been invisible. I bought two spares anyway when I bought the fram just in case but I don't think I'll need them for a while. The integral cups in the frame seem very solid.

4. The RD cable comes out right in front of the skewer. This is a bit annoying as it makes mounting the rear wheel slightly harder than it needs to be.

5. The internal cables are friction free. No problems with shifting or braking.

6. Sidenote: I also bought a set of Miracle Trade bars and a stem. The bars have been terrific: I like the shape, they're durable, stiff and buzz-free. Also, they're very light (right around 200g). The stem, though, was a piece of crap. I never really trusted the stem. My fears were realized when the pinch bolt holders snapped at 4nm which seems very fragile ( I took off the stem to do the cable fix above). Also, the stem isn't that light. I bought a cheap Nashbar carbon-wrapped alloy stem and it matches the bars perfectly and works better.

Overall, terrific bike, highly recommended. It rides great (it's become "my bike" very quickly) and I've gotten many compliments on how it looks. It's a straight-up aggressive, stiff race bike. It hauls ass. I love this bike on 40 mile rides where people are just hammering. Very happy with the purchase. Hopefully this is helpful to others considering buying this frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    hi all,
    im 19 and just discovered this forum and this is my first post . i cant figure out what size frame i will need if i was to purchase the DengFu FM015 isp i dont know what size frame set i would need.

im 189cm with an in seam of 84cm and weigh 181lb thanks for the help

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rogers1993uk View Post
    hi all,
    im 19 and just discovered this forum and this is my first post . i cant figure out what size frame i will need if i was to purchase the DengFu FM015 isp i dont know what size frame set i would need.

If you already have a bike that fits, measure the various dimensions and buy the frame that matches the most closely. If not, go to a bike store, try out a bunch of bikes, find one that fits and then go online and get all of the dimensions. Be sure to note stem length. Also, remember than top tube length is much more imporant than seat tub length.

Lastly, buying a Chinese direct frame is not necessarily something I'd recommend for beginners. You really have to now what you want.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

SP003 seatpost help

I'm putting together my Hong Fu FM015, and everything is going together easily. However, when I installed the SP003 seatpost, the nose of the saddle is pointed up and it does not appear there is any tilt adjustment. I find it hard to believe this is the case, so if anyone has one of these setposts, and I have seen a few in images, please let me know how to make this adjustment. I figured when I loosed the clamp bolts this would allow the mount to tilt, but no such luck.

Thanks...

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by GA1911 View Post
    I'm putting together my Hong Fu FM015, and everything is going together easily. However, when I installed the SP003 seatpost, the nose of the saddle is pointed up and it does not appear there is any tilt adjustment. I find it hard to believe this is the case, so if anyone has one of these setposts, and I have seen a few in images, please let me know how to make this adjustment. I figured when I loosed the clamp bolts this would allow the mount to tilt, but no such luck.

Thanks...
    You are about the 100th person to post this same question.
    The answer is in the thread.
    There is a search function and it does work.

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 6.0

pedalpedalpedal
    hi all,

I can't help with the size, but I have that same frameset, and I think you should go with the non-ISP version. The ISP is heavier due to the seat mast + topper. The OEM topper actually weighs as much as a lightweight seatpost. Aftermarket toppers can be lighter, but will cost as much as, or more than, a seatpost.

The seat mast is also 37mm around, which means most rear lights won't fit. It's a bigger hassle than it sounds when you have no other easy way to attach a rear light. If I could do it all over again, I'd get the non-ISP and a Carbon Cycles post, and be a lot happier.

Teo
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    hi all,

Take a look at Competitive Cyclist website, they have a fit calculator. I think itís a good place to start. Youíll need a tape measure to get your measurements that are required.

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by medialab View Post
    Finally finished my Chinarello build... here are some observations:

- The hole for attaching the rear brake caliper to the frame was too small in diameter - had to grind down the bolt cap to make it fit.

- The seat post was too tight and difficult to adjust... had to sand the inside of the seat post tube, apply liberal lubricant and adjust the hight using a rubber mallet.

- The cable guide under the BB was slightly long... easily clipped it to length.

- The hole for the cable to thread through the frame to the front derailed was partially painted over, had to open it using a sharp nail.

Overall very happy with the final build, looks great and rides like a dream. Just be aware that there are a few annoying manufacturing defects (I read a similar post several months back listing the same defects). Nothing that is going to affect the final build but annoying none-the-less.
    Post deletion pending in....................

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FTR View Post
    Post deletion pending in....................
    Because?

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by medialab View Post
    Because?
    Counterfeit frames are not allowed.
    Look back only a page and you will see that Coolhand deleted a heap of posts for this reason.
    Also the group buy of counterfeit Dogma's was deleted.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Because it has Pinarello printed on it and over the last few weeks moderators have been removing posts of counterfeit bikes.
    It is a nice looking bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FTR View Post
    Counterfeit frames are not allowed.
    Look back only a page and you will see that Coolhand deleted a heap of posts for this reason.
    Also the group buy of counterfeit Dogma's was deleted.

IC... Please delete my post.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    I am building my Chinarello. All going well. One question, when I do the internal cabling, do I leave the cable guides in for good or take them out?

I have a 3mm gap in between the forks and the frame (headtube). I am hoping it won't matter. Can't get the fork crown down any further, nor could I get it back up to sand it down a little. It's on tight. I used some PVC plastic piping to bash it down. How hard can I do it without damaging the forks. I'm scared any harder I'll break them. I'm a pretty big guy and am doing it pretty hard.
    Pictures of my bike coming soon. (decaled a Chinarello, so no problem on here).

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey View Post
    I am building my Chinarello. All going well. One question, when I do the internal cabling, do I leave the cable guides in for good or take them out?

I have a 3mm gap in between the forks and the frame (headtube). I am hoping it won't matter. Can't get the fork crown down any further, nor could I get it back up to sand it down a little. It's on tight. I used some PVC plastic piping to bash it down. How hard can I do it without damaging the forks. I'm scared any harder I'll break them. I'm a pretty big guy and am doing it pretty hard.
    Pictures of my bike coming soon. (decaled a Chinarello, so no problem on here).

Yeah, the crown fits on VERY snug. I couldn't get mine down all the way and left a gap at the bottom about the width of a thin ID card. I probably could have put it on all the way but, like you, worried about breaking the fork.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    ^^ mine was a right struggle too. Gave it right (careful) battering with the pvc method, but did get it there in the end.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Don't forget to invert the fork and ram the fork downwards to the stationary PVC pipe.....
    I left the internal guides there for the shifter cable s.Not so for the brake cables ask it is too thick to be slotted through the internal guide tube.

Page 44 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 ... LastLast