Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    So I was musing about American hypocrisy regarding Chinese frames.

When someone says they bought a MOOTS, no one cries, you bastard! Don't buy from them, they have no proof their bikes are safe! Support the big brands, Specialized needs your money! Don't buy from Linksey, they are using stolen technology from other titanium builders before them! They are just a knockoff Moots! Don't support the knockoffs, buy Motobecane. Or whatever other nonsense they can think of.
    Last edited by ruckus; 02-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Alright that diatribe aside...

I am awaiting a paypal invoice from WorksWell for a WCB-R-085, 52, BSA English Threaded, UD Matte for $399, including frame, fork and seatpost.

I'm looking forward to an endurance type frame, hopefully less fatigue on my back and overall enjoyable ride. I have come to acceptance I am not a performance rider.
    Last edited by ruckus; 02-09-2017 at 05:31 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quick follow up to my Hongfu story. I ended up emailing someone else-"Jenny"- to find out what was going on with "Nancy" and why she wasn't responding. Turns out Nancy was still on vacation for the Chinese holidays, and just got back yesterday. I had a very nice email exchange with her yesterday, they would have given me the refund, but I opted to change my orders to a wheelset with upgraded hubs, and they threw in a couple of bottle cages as well.

So, all's well that ends well. Hongfu customer service came through and I should have my new wheels in hand within a couple of weeks.

Lesson learned: don't order from Chinese companies around the Chinese new year!
    Don't take anything I say seriously.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    In case anyone's interested: Cyclocross Version Carbon Fiber Road Bike Frame With Disc-brake Mount - Buy Carbon Disc-brake Road Frame,Cross,Carbon Road Frame Product on Alibaba.com

has both disc brake and DM rim brake mounts
    rear spacing 135mm only, however - no conversion dropouts (but you can make some 2.5mm spacers yourself, I guess)

geometry:
    Attachment 317964

Judging by the RC and fork length, tire clearance should be generous (unconfirmed)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Ok, hello all. New here.
    I've just read all 36 pages of this thread...informative but exhausting.

The frame I'm interested in is the Carbonda/Billfish CFR505. Billfish appears to be their retail brand on Aliexpress and the other retail sites.

CFR505 - Gravel - Carbonda Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BILL...b-6ef1d27db8e8

For those who have ordered this frame or better yet, received this frame, do you have any updates or opinions on the process?
    I noticed one review said the seat post didn't fit properly in the seat tube which obviously would be unacceptable.

I understand and accept the risks/reward involved in ordering a frame such as this but I'm trying to do my utmost due diligence before I order.

Thanks for any further information

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    So I'm annoyed, but oh well, nothing can be done.

I decided the 085 sloping top tube and that humongous head tube was just too stupid for a road bike. I can't find any branded enduro frame close to it, it's just ridiculous.

So they obliged, 066 coming. But it's been delayed for another 2 weeks. So overall, this transaction is going to take probably about a month or more than a month. Annoyed since last frame I got was 4 days.

Just more time for me to do plants, crunches, and interval runs to get in better in shape, adjust my diet for more intense weight loss.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not sure exactly what you're saying about humongous head tube. It seems to be inline with a lot of the latest endurance type bikes (Synapse, Defy). Similar stack and reach of some of the other brands with shorter head tubes (Trek, Specialized).

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
    So I'm annoyed, but oh well, nothing can be done.

I decided the 085 sloping top tube and that humongous head tube was just too stupid for a road bike. I can't find any branded enduro frame close to it, it's just ridiculous.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Similar, but it is larger. For a 52, that headtube is 15cm, that's moronic. The rake is I suppose average, but doesn't help with the massive HT. Seattube is only 475, with a stack of 546 and massive HT, it looks more like a MTB frame than a road frame to me. Looks dumb.

With Giant, it's explainable because it's an extreme compact design.

Just cool enough
    Here's my contribution...

FLYXII-FLX-FR-320 50cm for the wife.

I cannibalized my geared road bike for the Microshift Arsis components and paired them with a Shimano 105 crankset. Various other bits and pieces purchased via E-Bay & Chain Reaction like the Sora mechanical disc brakes.

I got a chuckle when I picked it up from my LBS after having them fine tune the derailleurs & brake pads. The mechanic couldn't find my brand (2 Monkeys) anywhere on the Web. He's worked on my former road bike which was a stripped & bare aluminum Trek with the same "brand name".

Now seeing it didn't turn out too bad I'll order another for me.

"Yeah...those are just custom decals I had made referencing the kids."

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-ab-bike.jpg
    Last edited by James6b; 02-23-2017 at 08:17 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    they oughta make pink hoods for dem microshifts

Just cool enough
    Overkill

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Very nice bike. I wonder if there is pink hood. I know I have seen aftermarket colored hoods for Shimano brifters. Maybe same for micro?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Has anyone had any experience dealing with a disc road frame and chainline? I'm wondering if I have to worry about this as I'm looking to build a road disc bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2016
    Hey guys

I've got a quick question, i've read somewhere (cant recall where) on this forum that its a good idea to ask how many layers of carbon they used.

apparently i was quoted 5 layers and 7 layers carbon used for the same open mould frame.

but as i thought about it, could one just base off the amount of layers used as a good indicator of which is a more stiffer / sturdier frame?

additionally has anyone heard of trident thrust? are they any good?
    Last edited by avria; 03-05-2017 at 09:48 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    There aren't a uniform number of layers throughout the bike - and the matte type used is different in different areas - serves different purposes.
    Last edited by Migen21; 03-18-2017 at 01:19 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    For anyone who wants to buy from WorksWell I can't recommend, the purchasing process was hell.

Purchased February 10th

I was lied to repeatedly over and over.

I was told the frame was ready to be shipped, they begged for me to pay right away so they could start. First lie.

I was then told it would be shipped on the 22nd of February. Lie.

I was told it was taking a while because it was in QC. Yep, QC for two weeks. Lie.

I was told the 28th. Nope, lie.

Then I was told the 4th. Nope Lie.

I was given a tracking number on the 4th, yep shipped. Nope, lie.

Next week, tracking says it was picked up a week later. Later confirmed with another employee that it was shipped that day, not the 4th.

I was then told it was shipped express and I would have it in at least five days. Lie.

It's not seven days, it still hasn't left China. I don't know, this is the worst customer service I have experienced from anyone.

Apparently someone else ordered a large order of frames. But I told them, I don't care about another customer, I care about me, my purchase. You don't tell me you have available and ready to ship and not ship it. I really don't care about another customer's order.

I told them, you don't lie to your customer. If you have good reasons for delay, you don't tell them it's ready to be shipped. If you tell me, it will be shipped 28th, 18 days after I purchased, SHIP IT! 18 days, that's moronic. Don't lie to me. Don't tell me it was shipped express if package sits in China for seven days or more, since it still hasn't left China.

This was a horrible experience, or rather is, since I still don't have the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Hello,

I am considering a Miracle CX536 Carbon frame purchase. I have researched reviews, and do not see anyone reporting major failure issues? Does anyone have any insight to the quality of these frames? HAS ANYONE SEEN a failure report concerning a Miracle Carbon frame?

ED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    @Ruckus

Not understanding why you are still dealing with this.

At the first sign of questionable communication, I would have had my CC company cancel.

Then I would have gone elsewhere. It's not like there aren't a few other companies making identical or similar enough for your needs.

FWIW, I had a very good experience with Flyxii, ordered and received in less then 2 weeks. Only hold up was US customs at JFK, that took 3 anxious days for some unkown reason. Thing I learned with a Chinese order is communication is an issue and to be patient.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    @Ruckus

Not understanding why you are still dealing with this.

At the first sign of questionable communication, I would have had my CC company cancel.

Then I would have gone elsewhere. It's not like there aren't a few other companies making identical or similar enough for your needs.

FWIW, I had a very good experience with Flyxii, ordered and received in less then 2 weeks. Only hold up was US customs at JFK, that took 3 anxious days for some unkown reason. Thing I learned with a Chinese order is communication is an issue and to be patient.
    My Flyxii arrived in 5 days. But I wanted a more relaxed frame.

It is still not here. Still refusal to find out when I can expect the frame. No estimate. I don't know what is going on as this supposedly was EMS express, but it has been 11 going on 12 days now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloKilo7 View Post
    Hello,

I am considering a Miracle CX536 Carbon frame purchase. I have researched reviews, and do not see anyone reporting major failure issues? Does anyone have any insight to the quality of these frames? HAS ANYONE SEEN a failure report concerning a Miracle Carbon frame?

ED
    I've seen a failure of a Miraclebike carbon fork, from the first row ;)
    photos posted in this very thread last year - you can search my posts if curious

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Thank you. That seems to be an issue with the disc brake putting too much stress on the lower fork blade. The CX536 I am looking at has rim brakes. I am wondering if Miracle frames are on par with most brand name frames in terms of safety.

I have seen many brand name companies working through disc and fork issues, maybe because it is relatively new technology:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2014/bm...ls-of-bicycles

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    there're recalls & replacements and there's haggling over the refund
    1) why use cantis in this day and age?
    2) steer clear of Miraclebike, plenty of CX frames around

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloKilo7 View Post
    I have seen many brand name companies working through disc and fork issues, maybe because it is relatively new technology:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2014/bm...ls-of-bicycles
    haha, Aprebic forks
    likely made by YiErLan (their affiliate manufacturer for low to mid-level products)
    whose disc brake fork I am riding now
    It's a newer model, though

that one failed in testing though, no incidents reported
    this here was an actual life endangering incident but Miraclebike didn't give a f*ck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bruto View Post
    haha, Aprebic forks
    likely made by YiErLan (their affiliate manufacturer for low to mid-level products)
    whose disc brake fork I am riding now
    It's a newer model, though

that one failed in testing though, no incidents reported
    this here was an actual life endangering incident but Miraclebike didn't give a f*ck
    Ha! I didn't know about that affiliation. How did you get that insight?
    How do you like the YiErlan fork? Still on the Miracle frame?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    they make no secret of their affiliation, you can look at the SGS test reports on Yierlan's site
    and then there're suspiciously similar products in their respective catalogs

never had a Miraclebike frame, by the way, only the fork

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast