Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1127
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
    Workswell 093. (WCB-R-093 Normal V brake-workswellbikes) Tall head tube should facilitate an upright riding position.

The Ultralight version is a little pricey but the regular version ought to come in around $500-$600 and weigh about 900 grams for a 58-cm frame.
    Yes, the Workswell 093 seems like a good choice. I have emailed them a couple of times but no response. Are they the manufacturer or reseller, and if reseller is the frame available from any other source?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2016
    Try sales07@workswellbikes.com

I don't know who their official FB reseller is but I am pretty sure they have a site

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I figured I'd activate this thread rather than start a new one since my interest is the same here. With the myriad of AliExpress vendors, how do you search for the best vendors?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nania View Post
    I figured I'd activate this thread rather than start a new one since my interest is the same here. With the myriad of AliExpress vendors, how do you search for the best vendors?
    Research! That was part of the fun for me, reading about all the different frames and finding the one that was right for what I wanted. This thread isn't as active as it used to be but there is still a lot of information.

Although Aliexpress is a good place to look at the frames you will normally get a better price contacting the vendor through their own site. Buying my frames directly from Hongfu saved me about $130.
    That's the longest I've ever ridden without a beer stop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Ditto dcash, go direct.

Hongfu, Dengfu, Flyxii, Workswell, all sell direct.

I had a very good experience with Flyxii and love the bike, 2000 miles later. One thing I really, really like about some of these frames is they still offer BSA bottom brackets. Huge advantage, IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    What kind of numbers will I pay for a sub 1500g aero frame, fork, headset and seat post?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Yourshouldn't pay more than $600 usd for a frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    This is frameset from a small supplier in the UK. Does anyone know which open mould frameset this is that they are using? It is quite distinctive around the top tube.

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-revere-carbon-black-black-side_2.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Does anyone have experience with the EC90 brand of components? Specifically the aero bars, stems, seat posts. Iíve seen them on AliExpress and EBay. Thereís also some YouTube vids but just curious if anyone has some ride time on them and thought. Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    I've seen similar frames, just cannot recall who's.

Not a Workswell, Dengfu, Hongfu or Flyxii and it's not coming up in an AliExpress site, as far as I looked.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbridge View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the EC90 brand of components? Specifically the aero bars, stems, seat posts. Iíve seen them on AliExpress and EBay. Thereís also some YouTube vids but just curious if anyone has some ride time on them and thought. Thanks in advance.
    Like Easton EC90? The Easton stuff is great, but expensive. If you're seeing $40 seat posts or handlebars they are probably knock offs. I trust my unbranded parts and have put thousands of miles on them. I will never trust a counterfeit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DCash View Post
    Like Easton EC90? The Easton stuff is great, but expensive. If you're seeing $40 seat posts or handlebars they are probably knock offs. I trust my unbranded parts and have put thousands of miles on them. I will never trust a counterfeit.

Thanks for the heads up. What supplier did you purchase your unbranded parts from?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DCash View Post
    +1

I'd trust any of the big china factories (Flyxii, hongfu, dengfu, workswell, light bicycle, etc. etc.) who sell plain carbon components. My household has about 30,000 miles on Flyxii bikes and components. But I would never ride a mile on a counterfeit: the product itself is a fraud, so how could you possibly trust it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbridge View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. What supplier did you purchase your unbranded parts from?
    Two frames, seatposts, and bars from HongFu. Wheels from Baixaing, but they changed their name.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Anyone know another vendor that sells the fm079-f (flat mount)? Got a quote from hongfu but it seems a bit high.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Agreed with others. Glad you're OK. But, a carbon frame cracked? Not surprised. I've read worse from Trek/Bianchi/Canyon/Giant etc, and customers having far worse experience from refusal to replace the frame, extraordinary prices that are supposedly discounted for crash replacement or ridiculous price for repair. So my conclusion? You faired a lot better than from other customers from big brands like Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by mcian View Post
    Hi guys,
    after around 6000km my frame (FM066-SL, the steerer tube says R01, weight 0.78Kg) just cracked while i was descending with about 85km/h in the 24h Nurburgring race. Although it happened in a corner and i was barely able to hold the line i was able to stop without crashing.
    If you wonder what a frame with a broken top tube feels like in a corner:
    It is like sitting on a wobbly piece of toast with big tires that are inflated to minimum. Something like that...

Of course never did i clamp the top tube nor did anything fall onto it. Of course i never crashed or let the bike fall over. I only weigh 72kg. This season i raced several crits on it and never had a problem.

After the manufacturer asked me to send the frame to China i removed all parts and i found the bottom bracket to spin within the shell. It was brand new since i upgraded to a powermeter...
    I used a torque wrench and tightened the BB to only 12Nm and marked the BB and frame with a white Edding to see if it would move. I've heard from three people so far that they've experienced the same problem.

Since the frame is only around 10 months old i got an exchange frame. But of course only the frame, seatpost and fork must be ordered seperately and payed for. Since i did not want to have the same frame again i got an upgrade to another frame which costs around 150$ more. In this case i had to pay another 130$ for the fork and seapost.
    Shipping is included but i will have to pay again 20% tax. Hopefully they will let the frame through the customs with a low price like this.

Regarding my broken 50$ BB and the 250$ i spend on the 24h race in total i did not get any reply. The hours for wrenching everything off the bike and on again is not payed for by anyone.

My conclusion:
    My calculation of saving several hundreds by buying a chinese frame goes down the drain.
    I just ordered a Canyon and my spare bike will be my Caad 10 alloy bike i just pulled out of the cellar.

Attachment 320068

The company selling this frame is one of the major names everyone is talking about. I do not think the name is useful for anyone since the frame is offered by several companies.

I let everyone draw their own conclusions from this story.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by fronesis View Post
    +1

I'd trust any of the big china factories (Flyxii, hongfu, dengfu, workswell, light bicycle, etc. etc.) who sell plain carbon components. My household has about 30,000 miles on Flyxii bikes and components. But I would never ride a mile on a counterfeit: the product itself is a fraud, so how could you possibly trust it?
    Well I took some of the advise from here and placed an order for a seat and integrated handlebar from flyxii. The seat came pretty quickly, within a couple weeks, but no sign of the handlebar or separate tracking or anything. After multiple emails I finally got a response saying Iíll get a refund. Iím a bit disappointed with that as itís delayed me a month from building my frame now but I guess this is how it goes when dealing with overseas. Now everyone over there is on holiday for Chinese New Year and itís crickets on getting any email responses for ordering.

Does anyone know if any of the big factories above have eBay stores? I just ask this because of the buyer protection. I like being able to have the PayPal/EBay protection. Iím going to look around for another integrated bar/stem combo so if anyone has one they like and own let me know and where you got it. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Hey everyone. Just purchased a used FM-011 from a fb group. This will be my second Chinese frame I ride. Previously rode a R-022 from velobuild.

Quick question. What do people use to cover di2 holes if youíre using mechanical?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Hey! Just purchased my first Chinese carbon frame and was wondering if I'm just unlucky or if this is the norm (also I posted a similar post in the cyclocross thread, didn't realize everyone was over here!)

Ordered the FR-603 direct from Flyxii (through Paypal). Arrived in around a month, but missing the headset and seatpost clamp they said they would include. Emailed them and it arrived a few weeks later. All good so far.

- A few blemishes on the paint job, no big deal.
    - Epoxy in the threads of the BSA BB, no big deal, I retapped it with some BB taps
    - Realized one of the fork brake post mount screws was inserted at an angle, cross-threading the aluminum insert. Emailed (Yang is the person who's replying) and still trying to see what they'll do about it. Has anyone tried retapping these before? I have taps, but I'm worried it won't be safe with the reduced thread material.
    - Just found out that the derailleur hanger was badly machined. One of the M4 mounting holes was machined at an angle so the flat head doesn't sit flush. Haven't emailed the seller yet, trying to resolve one thing at a time. Wheels Manufacturing sells it (#148) for $40 so that may have to be my last resort.

Fingers-crossed they'll back their product, really don't want to have to file a Paypal dispute.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    ^ That doesn't sound normal. I've bought a frame set from Flyxii before and didn't have any problem at all. You may want to opt for a return / exchange the whole thing or a refund.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by scycotic View Post
    Hey! Just purchased my first Chinese carbon frame and was wondering if I'm just unlucky or if this is the norm (also I posted a similar post in the cyclocross thread, didn't realize everyone was over here!)

Ordered the FR-603 direct from Flyxii (through Paypal). Arrived in around a month, but missing the headset and seatpost clamp they said they would include. Emailed them and it arrived a few weeks later. All good so far.

- A few blemishes on the paint job, no big deal.
    - Epoxy in the threads of the BSA BB, no big deal, I retapped it with some BB taps
    - Realized one of the fork brake post mount screws was inserted at an angle, cross-threading the aluminum insert. Emailed (Yang is the person who's replying) and still trying to see what they'll do about it. Has anyone tried retapping these before? I have taps, but I'm worried it won't be safe with the reduced thread material.
    - Just found out that the derailleur hanger was badly machined. One of the M4 mounting holes was machined at an angle so the flat head doesn't sit flush. Haven't emailed the seller yet, trying to resolve one thing at a time. Wheels Manufacturing sells it (#148) for $40 so that may have to be my last resort.

Fingers-crossed they'll back their product, really don't want to have to file a Paypal dispute.
    This is not normal. Gather all the flaws in a list and ask for replacement or refund.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    ^ That doesn't sound normal. I've bought a frame set from Flyxii before and didn't have any problem at all. You may want to opt for a return / exchange the whole thing or a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by aske View Post
    This is not normal. Gather all the flaws in a list and ask for replacement or refund.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I've compiled it all with photos and sent them an email. We'll see what happens. Felt bad asking for a full refund seeing as the frame itself seems ok, I've asked if they'll be willing to replace the fork and derailleur hanger or provide a partial refund.

Will update once I hear back!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Garza View Post
    Hey everyone. Just purchased a used FM-011 from a fb group. This will be my second Chinese frame I ride. Previously rode a R-022 from velobuild.

Quick question. What do people use to cover di2 holes if youíre using mechanical?
    Originally the frame would've come with rubber covers for the DI2 wire holes and and replacement inserts for the shift cable stops.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Still trying to get an FM079-F. The only vendor I could find without creating an Alibaba account was hong fu. Have been dealing with vicky. The time difference was been a challenge. Email responses are a full day apart. First response took a week, probably because of Chinese New year. No big deal but wish they had a site which can process orders by now. So I finally get a PayPal invoice Tuesday and pay them.
    Then I get an email last night saying they don't have a frame available with matte clear coat, only raw frames.

She sent me a photo and it's literally right from final sanding and covered in dust and fingerprints. I didn't know this option is even available, I guess it is for people that are going to have their frame custom painted. Needless to say, I want a frame that has a clear coat on it so I have to wait another week for them to ship. God I hope it's right when it gets here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scycotic View Post
    Thanks! I've compiled it all with photos and sent them an email. We'll see what happens. Felt bad asking for a full refund seeing as the frame itself seems ok, I've asked if they'll be willing to replace the fork and derailleur hanger or provide a partial refund.

Will update once I hear back!
    Update on this: Flyxii originally wanted me to ship it back for them to inspect, but considering the cost to ship from Canada to China is ~$175 and I paid $400 for the whole thing, they've issued me a partial refund. Now I just have to source another derailleur hanger and fork.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 LastLast