Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 444546
Results 1,126 to 1,138 of 1138
    tthome
    May 2008
    This is my second Tideace frame that I just ordered in glossy orange, but I'm curious, is this a clone of another brand? I like the styling of the rear seat stay, reminds me of giant a little bit but other areas remind me of other models as well. Anybody have any guru input that could help? My first Tideace was the Ridley Noah style that I spray painted purple keiren from www.spray.bike paints, rides great and tracks likes its on rails. Thanks,Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-capture.jpg
    Please support and visit my cycling website BunchSprint. Cycling news, reviews and tips.
    http://www.bunchsprint.com/wp-conten...ple_avatar.png

TL@
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    After the R-051 I got a second frame from Velobuild. Got some issues building it up:
    - Flatmount brakes weren't straight, they were painted over (messing about with some sandpaper and a lor of patience, I think I got sorted now)
    - Seatpost slips (again, the R-051 had the same problem), some hairspray seems to have done the thrick)

Everything else went smooth.
    First ride is planned for this week, hopefully no extra problems will appear.

Some pics:

For now it rides on 700c wheels (DT-Swiss 350 hubs, wide DT-Swiss rims) I laced myself. Still thinking about a 650B wheelset with mountainbike tires for winter.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    Hi everyone! I'm currently tempted getting the VB-R-010 frame from Velobuild new aero asymmetrical carbon fiber road frame but I'm wondering if anyone had any comments about it? Or even someone who gets it?
    Have a nice day
    Best regards
    Last edited by Ant2022; 1 Week Ago at 08:59 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jnichols View Post
    The first is the head tube, showing some ridges in the carbon on the inside. I'm not too worried about that, but hopefully someone can confirm if it's a non-issue.

Attachment 322666
    That is normal. What you are seeing that looks like layers of fabric is not actually fabric but resin flashing from the inflatable bladder process. In other words you can ignore it.

https://youtu.be/7MT1GKrjngU?t=96

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tthome View Post
    This is my second Tideace frame that I just ordered in glossy orange, but I'm curious, is this a clone of another brand? I like the styling of the rear seat stay, reminds me of giant a little bit but other areas remind me of other models as well. Anybody have any guru input that could help? My first Tideace was the Ridley Noah style that I spray painted purple keiren from www.spray.bike paints, rides great and tracks likes its on rails. Thanks,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	322692
    ugh, almost all of these no-name chinese frames are made from one of the (stolen) molds from a big make. For the chinese to offer you at el cheapo prices, you can rest assured that no R&D and probably no QA have gone into these frames. That means, they have to steal molds that were discarded. And stealing intellectual properties is a rampant thing over there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    ugh, almost all of these no-name chinese frames are made from one of the (stolen) molds from a big make. For the chinese to offer you at el cheapo prices, you can rest assured that no R&D and probably no QA have gone into these frames. That means, they have to steal molds that were discarded. And stealing intellectual properties is a rampant thing over there.
    The cost of carbon is not in the molds nor the designs, its the labor. Carbon fiber is labor intensive, carbon 101. That said Shenzen is where the world goes to get designs rapid prototyped. It's the only place in the world where a company can bring an idea from drawing to prototype in less than a week, where it would take months to years in America. If you think they are clueless you are the one with no clue. Clearly you don't like the idea of IP as a commodity, then so be it. The international brands are going to Shenzen for their factories and labor for a reason. At this point, most of the major factories in Shenzen are damn good at what they do. Hell, they've made millions of carbon frames for all those poor brands that can't or won't make their own.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    The cost of carbon is not in the molds nor the designs, its the labor. Carbon fiber is labor intensive, carbon 101. That said Shenzen is where the world goes to get designs rapid prototyped. It's the only place in the world where a company can bring an idea from drawing to prototype in less than a week, where it would take months to years in America. If you think they are clueless you are the one with no clue. Clearly you don't like the idea of IP as a commodity, then so be it. The international brands are going to Shenzen for their factories and labor for a reason. At this point, most of the major factories in Shenzen are damn good at what they do. Hell, they've made millions of carbon frames for all those poor brands that can't or won't make their own.
    Totally agree. Dig a bit into the bicycle industry and see how much the brands are actually doing themselves and how much the Asian manufacturers/designers/engineers are doing. Fx the layup schedule is 95% of the time decided by the manufacturer. This is more or less automated by software and target unit cost.
    And as consumers we really have no idea whether a design was made in house or purchased from an Asian manufacturer/engineering company. We are just left with the brand marketing material

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    And stealing intellectual properties is a rampant thing over there.
    It has been for decades. I'll bet the computer and parts you typed your post with was assembled in China.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    But but but... Didn't you just say this in another thread just over a month ago?

I used to be very anti-chinese frames. But lately, I'm thinking like you are. The perpetual "chinese ebay frame" thread definitely has me more and more convinced that chinese frames are perhaps the better alternatives

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    But but but... Didn't you just say this in another thread just over a month ago?
    I did, so? Just because I say i might buy a chinese frame doesn't mean that they have much R&D into them. Am I not allowed to have 2 mutually exclusive thoughts? It's called abstraction.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Back on topic for those of us that actually own and ride these frames.

Thanks to constant rain I've cut down on the mountain biking a lot this spring. So I've already hit 1,000 miles on the FM079F. I really love it. Comfortable, agile, fast.
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_20180615_083638.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Back on topic for those of us that actually own and ride these frames.

Thanks to constant rain I've cut down on the mountain biking a lot this spring. So I've already hit 1,000 miles on the FM079F. I really love it. Comfortable, agile, fast.
    What do you think the widest tire would be on the FM079?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbottles View Post
    What do you think the widest tire would be on the FM079?
    Not sure. It has 25s in the pic. I have new 28s I'll install soon, no doubt in my mind that they'll fit fine. I think 30s will fit but I can't guarantee it. I'll post clearance pics when I put the 28s on. Fork has tons of room, chainstays are a little tighter.

A riding buddy has a domane with 32s. Next time I ride with her I'll see if she'll let me swap the wheels so I can check.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 444546