RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

Colnago CX-1 or Cinelli Strafo for fast group ride

Which frame set would you recommend for fast group ride of approximately 50 mile, three times per week?

RoadBikeReview Member

Cx-1

CX-1, but I'm a little biased...
    HERKWO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    I assume you mean Cinelli Strato? I had a 2011 Strato (recently stolen), my only beef with it was the fork rake. I felt it to be too relaxed for my taste as it made quick sprints and to be an effort (responded slow). If it helps, I did like the ride I general. Maybe someone else can comment on the Colnago for you to make a better decision, but that's my 2 cents.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The one that fits you best and feels the best to you. Those are both good racing bikes, and there is no inherent difference between them that would make one more suited than the other for the use you describe -- which, BTW, is simply the kind of ride that road-racing bikes are made for.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Not a Pegoretti/ Pinarello/ Time/ Look?? Kidding.

I ride a Colnago CT-1, it's a bit old school but looove the handling. One thing to add to Monk's comment, that Colnagos aren't fast handling either. They're very neutral handling, and the beauty is they let you place yourself exactly where you want to be as you go through a corner. I find crit bikes tend to oversteer and get nervous when pelting downhill.

I'd say try both and see which fits you best. If it's still even then get the one you want the most. Colnago's have a better brand these days but there was a time when Bianchi's Reparto Corsa made the only bikes you would ever want to own.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    CX1 for sure.