RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

considering purchase of TIME VX Elite w/ Campy Record ... what's it worth ?

I'm considering purchasing a 2003? Time VX Elite built with Campagnolo Record carbon and Chorus components, the wheels are Ksyrium

Frame - Time VX Elite Carbon
    Fork - Time Millenium Carbon
    Shifters - Campy Record Carbon
    Cranks- Campy Record Carbon
    Wheels - Mavic Ksyrium (hubs too)
    I can't swear to it, but iirc, the brakes / FD / RD / cassette and BB are all Chorus

the bike has been ridden, but not with any regularity in years as the owner has been racing for another manufacturer
    it's in pretty good shape. no major knicks just basic looking wear and tear from road materials and maybe some scrapes from taking the wheels off
    the Record gear is only about 4 years old

it's 61cm ,which seemed comfortable to me being 6'4. I will admit I am new to road cycling and haven't ridden in years and this is one of a handful of bikes I am considering purchasing

the owner wants around $1500 for this bike
    what would you estimate it to be worth
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    That seems to be a pretty good deal. I would jump on it if I were you seeing as it will be hard to find good deals for a 61cm frame
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
    -Yogi Berra

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    thanks, but take the size of the frame out of the equation, does the frameset and components warrant the asking price ? I see all manner of other Time models for sale ,but not this particular one.
    I've priced out the Campy equipment , they alone are worth the asking price of the bike ..... new that is. I'm just not clear on depreciation value on components.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    I just bought a used VXR Proteam frameset for $1500.
    The VXR is no longer being made and the VX is even older.
    Times are fantastic bikes. I think it partly depends on what version of Campy components.
    If its the newer Ultra Torque type crankset then it would warrant a higher price.
    Being that the frame is huge I would test ride it first to make sure it is not too flexy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    hey thanks, if you read the OP I state the shifters and cranks are Record carbon, and the rest are Chorus if iirc. I know the brakes and BB are Chorus, but unsure of the cassette and deraillers. they are several year old 10 speed Record carbon gear
    also, I did ride it. it felt stiff and responsive but absorbent .