Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    coaster
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrunride View Post
    check out 2nd hand kestrel talon. They sell those as tri and road setup so maybe the geometry would fit both. Good luck on your purchase.
    This and the Fuji Transonic. I have both with drop bars and add a clip-on aero bar when I want to get TTish. Yeah, you still have the drop bar instead of the more aero TT base bar but that's not so big a deal. There's plenty of both on the used market at great prices.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    'Few' photos?!? Jesus, it's an album. And thanks for the dredge.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Few yes, is there a problem about it?? Also Iím replyinv to the original creator of the post, if anyone donít have anything good to comment perhaps donít use the word dredge cause itíll be a real dread. Thanks.

T K
    wasssabi
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonVanzan View Post
    Few yes, is there a problem about it?? Also Iím replyinv to the original creator of the post, if anyone donít have anything good to comment perhaps donít use the word dredge cause itíll be a real dread. Thanks.
    Say what?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonVanzan View Post
    He's referring to the fact the the posts you are responding to were 5+ years old and most of the people involved in the conversation aren't even around any more.

That said, i like your posts. it's a cool project. Not something I'd personally be interested in, but it may have value for someone else down the road.

Thanks for posting

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2018
    Lets see if we can get this thread living again

This is my ALMOST finished converted TT bike... Im still waiting for some spare parts to show up so I can get my saddle on.

Its a Kuota Kueen K with Dura Ace and Zipp SL carbon stem and bars and Cosmic Carbone wheels. Convert TRI bike into ROAD bike??-kuota-slammed.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2018
    Leon, Im loving youre bikes! They are quite awesome!
    For the sake of looks, maybe not comfort, have you considered changing the angle just slightly on the drop bars on you Specialized so the bar runs more parallel with the top tube? And the for comforts and reach, move you brake leavers slightly up?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Tri bikes are stiff & are not be best handling bikes. I would just get a tri bike and keep your other bike for road.
    BANNED

Matnlely Dregaend
    This may work for young racers, but not too many people can live with those saddle to bar drop distances. A tri bike head tube is going to be at least an inch or two lower than what most riders would find comfortable.

Having said that, I did ride a Kestrel RT700 for a while with a (longish) flipped stem, and it worked just fine, but it sure didn't look so nice that way.
    ďBicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.Ē - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    I also converted a old Mongoose TT aluminum to road. Re branded and put Veloce and Kinlin 35's. Fast but not fun for endurance. I use it for coffee shop rides and weekday training rides. I also like to look at it as it is my first rebuild. I also changed the fork to carbon and it made a big difference.Convert TRI bike into ROAD bike??-rx.jpgConvert TRI bike into ROAD bike??-cinelli.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2015
    This looks great I am considering it too as I am really not doing much in way of time trials and would like an aero road bike. This seems like a possible way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
    Lets see if we can get this thread living again

This is my ALMOST finished converted TT bike... Im still waiting for some spare parts to show up so I can get my saddle on.

Its a Kuota Kueen K with Dura Ace and Zipp SL carbon stem and bars and Cosmic Carbone wheels. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kuota slammed.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	322244
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12