RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Curtlo Custom Bikes

Any body have a Curtlo steel frame?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Had one and "Loved" it ... but sold it because I got into racing and it really didn't fit my needs any longer (disc brakes, etc.).

He was easy to work with, willing to look at alternative viewpoints and made a great frame at a great price. The only issue I had with him was delays in delivery time due to tube delivery delays, shows, etc.

They are well worth the money for a custom steel frame.
    Bikes:
    • 2012 CAAD10 (4)
    • 2013 Jamis Nova Race (winter training bike)
    • 1998 Marin East Peak - MTB
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

Cycling induced anoesis
    IME the finished product is very good, especially considering the price. But his estimated delivery times and reality differ by many months.

In other words, if you don't need a frame for 8-9 months, he's a viable option.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    He makes nice frames but it can take a long time to get one. I was all set to order one but gave up after he took weeks to respond to my questions. I ended up going with a custom Gunnar roadie instead.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

Curtlo

I have a cx curtlo and an s3 steel road frame. Great bikes and great prices. But be prepared to wait awhile. This is a good time to order. Doug is a one man show and this time of year he's hunkered down in his mountain home cranking out frames.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    I have a Curtlo 29er mountain bike. It always makes me smile. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a road frame from him.
    DCMTB Special Thanks to Dancing Mind Yoga, DCCX, Family Bike Shop, Joe Foley Photography, Terra Lawn and Landscape and The Looking Glass Lounge
    MidAtlantic Off Road Enthusiasts
    Washington Area Bicylist Association

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    I remember when they were a start up company In Valencia, Ca. The one guy painted my 1989 Honda CBR600 for me.
    My friend had a curtlo made for him about the same time. I went with a Fisher.