RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006

Dean El Diente Superlite

I'm considering purchasing an El Diente Superlite compact frame by Dean. Can anyone please provide some input on ride quality? The compact version appears to have a seat mast so I'm wondering if the frame rides really stiff, even though it's titanium.

I've read about some of the (-) and (+) customer service experiences people have had with Dean on these boards so I'm not really looking for an expansion on that theme.

Thanks in for your input.

Peter

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by peter.hardie
    I'm considering purchasing an El Diente Superlite compact frame by Dean. Can anyone please provide some input on ride quality? The compact version appears to have a seat mast so I'm wondering if the frame rides really stiff, even though it's titanium.

I've read about some of the (-) and (+) customer service experiences people have had with Dean on these boards so I'm not really looking for an expansion on that theme.

Thanks in for your input.

Peter
    Since you can customize it any way you want it can ride any way you want. Wise crack aside you can probably get a semi-customized bike for about the same price as a stock model by using stock dimensions (if they work well for you) and have them tune the tube selection for the ride you want. I don't think a continuous seat mast would affect the ride one whit and they ride pretty much like other Ti frames of similar dimensions.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson