RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Decision Made! === Decision help: Custom Dedacciai Zero Tre Frame or GTS R5?

im currently starting a project build for my SRAM rival groupset, i am really new to cycling and i have done all my research in the internet and speaking with other cyclist in our town but they all give me different answers..

I just wanted to know which is a better choice.
    1. GTS R5 frameset - includes fork, stem, handlebar, seatpost all of which are aluminum made.you can check it out here http://www.gtsbikes.com/product_r5fe.htm i like the white one. price is about 150 dollars

2. Custom Dedacciai Zero Tre Frame - which will be custom fitted for me but this is frame only. Price is about 200 dollars

thanks
    hj
    Last edited by hjsalazar; 11-01-2009 at 11:34 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I feel like you're missing some zeros.

Where in gods name did you find a custom builder that will make a frame for $200?

So what if I'm a dork!
    Well if those are the choices it seems like a no brainer if the guy building it knows what they're doing. Never heard of a custom frame at that price. Zero Tre is the heaviest of the Zero tubes though. Are you sure you didn't miss a 3rd zero?
    Henry Porter
    ...But the pistol thing is dumb.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    nope did not miss any zeros there

here is an article regarding the local frame builder im talking about, prices for his frame are there too, you just have to convert from PHP to dollars.
    http://services.inquirer.net/print/p...0090502-202727

you could also search his name in the internet and i think you could also find frames that he made.

from speaking with other cyclist who owns his custom frames, they say its pretty good. but i think he doesn't make forks and don't paint the frames.
    Last edited by hjsalazar; 08-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    here is an updated link with pictures

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...of-the-Bicycle

Domokun!
    I have a custom Zero Uno frame/fork.. It's one of my fav's. I even like it better than my newest wonderkind CF bike...

I say for that price go with the custom! Your bound to enjoy it more than the other. Although it may not have the "bling factor" of the newer gen frames.

Good luck and welcome to a wonderful world that will continue to drain your bank account!!
    " The ability to purchase an expensive bicycle does not make you a cyclist! "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolFatGuy
    I have a custom Zero Uno frame/fork.. It's one of my fav's. I even like it better than my newest wonderkind CF bike...

I say for that price go with the custom! Your bound to enjoy it more than the other. Although it may not have the "bling factor" of the newer gen frames.

Good luck and welcome to a wonderful world that will continue to drain your bank account!!
    yup alot of people locally told me to go and get fitted with the custom. One guy even offered he would paint it for me free because he is currently repainting his mustang. no decals or two tone stuff,only white paint, but hey its free.

thanks for the advice guys!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    ok so i have made the decision to go for the custom frame. i just like to show how it came out.

here it is when i got it from custom frame builder Ave Maldea(his picture included in the collage)
    bike framecollage

here it is when it was being built by San my mechanic at my LBS. also in the picture is my son sleeping who got tired while waiting for me. sorry for the poor pic quality i just used my phone camera. btw you can also see with glasses directing the mechanic on how i like my tape to be wrapped.
    bike assemblecollage

here it is finished. also include is a picture when i got it from powdercoating.
    bike buildcollage

here is the finished product
    my new bike dorothy

Components:
    1. sram rival gruppo - but i used ultegra cogs and chain(w/ missing link). change shifter and brake cables to alligator teflon.
    2. red look pedals -
    3. red velo bar tape -
    4. aksium race wheelset
    5. kenda kaliente tires
    6. abr seat post and stem
    7. kore alu handle bar
    8. giant inner tubes
    9. velo saddle
    10. corratec carbon fork
    11. no cyclo computer
    Last edited by hjsalazar; 11-02-2009 at 06:40 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

Smile

200 US Dollars for that frame? Seriously?

At that price, I really want one. I'll pay you 10% as a go-between. I may even get on a cheap Air Asia flight from here in Kuala Lumpur to pick it up. Haha!

Anyway, nice bike. Hope you get many enjoyable miles riding it.

Laifer

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Laifer69
    200 US Dollars for that frame? Seriously?

At that price, I really want one. I'll pay you 10% as a go-between. I may even get on a cheap Air Asia flight from here in Kuala Lumpur to pick it up. Haha!

Anyway, nice bike. Hope you get many enjoyable miles riding it.

Laifer

yup its really 200 US dollars for the frame he even has henry james lugs if you want a lugged frame. just PM me or send me an email at hectorjohn@yahoo.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

Shipping charges

Quote Originally Posted by hjsalazar
    yup its really 200 US dollars for the frame he even has henry james lugs if you want a lugged frame. just PM me or send me an email at hectorjohn@yahoo.com
    How much for S&H charges to our USA?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ru1-2cycle View Post
    How much for S&H charges to our USA?
    he dont ship overceas beacause of custom tax and liabilities,,you need to visit manila and get fitted then wait for 3 weeks and bring it home..dont worry you wont get bored on your 3 weeks waiting time,but you need to spend the the money from the price difference of the custom US builder...