Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013

Dogma 65.1 or Look 695?

Hello all! I'm new on the forums, and I'm trying to decide which frame to go with. My current ride is a 2010 Trek madone 6.5 with force.

I plan on building it with Campagnolo SR 52/36 and a 12/27.

ENVE 3.4 wheels I think. any thoughts?

I want the bike to come in under 15lbs total.

I plan on putting it together over the next couple weeks, and I would really appreciate your thoughts on the build.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Name:  058.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  27.6 KBCurrent ride

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    maybe the Wilier Zero 7 or Colnago C59? Anyone have experience with these bikes?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    There is no right answer because these are all opinions. My opinion is that a Dogma in the right color with Campy Super Record is the ultimate expression of what a bike can be. All of the bikes you mentioned are great. Is there an LBS anywhere around you to test one? I was pretty much dead set on a Cervelo R5 and after one minute on the Dogma I was sold. The ride is smooth, the handling is razor sharp and if feels very solid.
    Mine (57.5) weighed in at 15.4 with SR EPS, ZIPP 202s and cheap look pedals. My original intent was a sram red build at under 15lbs but once I tried EPS I was hooked.
    3 road bikes, 2 MTB, 1 CX and 1 Fatbike....for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Don, have you posted a pic of the new ride yet?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for your input Don.

I agree that I probably can't go wrong with any of these frames. The only one that I have taken for a test ride was the Zero7 as there is not a LOOK dealer around. The Pinarello, Colnago dealers do not have one for me to test.

I don't think the test ride is as much of a big deal because as long as it fits right I should be comfy. Probably boils down to which one "LOOKs" cooler...leaning towards the 695

irony intended
    MY EYES HURT!....but more power to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by CiclismoAtl View Post
    Name:  058.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  27.6 KBCurrent ride
    2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
    2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (because I can)
    2014 Colnago C59 AD04 (why not)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I've had the older Dogma 60.1, Look 695 SR, and now a Look 695. Of these 3 I preferred the Dogma for various reasons. I received my current Look this winter so I haven't done too much on the rode so I can't give you an accurate comparison to the others. But in general the dogma had a nicer feel. If weight is a concern, you won't get the Dogma to the 15 lbs mark especially if you're getting the 3.4 clincher. Mine with DA DI2 and Carbonsport Lightweight G3 tubulars came out to 15.6 lbs in a size 46.5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Haha, yea it's a little over the top, but it will hurt your legs too if you try and follow up a hill! JK

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    I think I'm just gonna get the LOOK, and the the Pina purchase for a while

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Dogma 65.1 or Look 695?-img_3111.jpgDogma 65.1 or Look 695?-img_3084.jpg

Post a pic of the Look - from what I saw on the website they are very colorful
    Last edited by Donn12; 02-13-2013 at 02:43 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Dogma 65.1 without a doubt. The silhouette is sexy, the modulus of carbon is unparalleled, and the ride quality is out of this world. If you buy the Dogma, and are unsatisfied, tell me, and I'll definitely take it off your hands!!!

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    The Dogma is a cheap frame outsourced to Taiwan for production, then sold to people who think they're somehow getting the "Italian" experience.

It is a nice looking bike, no doubt. But it is tailor made for people who want to pay thousands just for the name.

And yes, I have been to Treviso. Yes, I have been to the "factory". Yes, I have seen the raw frames. Yes, I have owned a Pinarello (multiple, in fact).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    [QUOTE=PaxRomana;4280794]The Dogma is a cheap frame outsourced to Taiwan for production, then sold to people who think they're somehow getting the "Italian" experience.

It is a nice looking bike, no doubt. But it is tailor made for people who want to pay thousands just for the name.

Pax. You are uninformed. The Dogma is an expensive frame outsourced to Taiwan for production, then sold to people who think they're somehow getting the "Italian" experience. Ciao

[QUOTE=Donn12;4280823]
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    The Dogma is a cheap frame outsourced to Taiwan for production, then sold to people who think they're somehow getting the "Italian" experience.

Pax. You are uninformed. The Dogma is an expensive frame outsourced to Taiwan for production, then sold to people who think they're somehow getting the "Italian" experience. Ciao
    I think your response acknowledges that everything I said is correct. Which it is.

The Dogma frame is made by Carbotec in Taiwan, for pennies on the dollar, then sold to people drooling for an "Italian" bike at an obscene mark-up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    i wouldn't buy or not buy a bike because of where the frame was manufactured. I bought a bike based on how it handles, feels, rides and looks. The Dogma is the bike that I like better than any other bike I have seen. The OP is considering Look which I think is a french bike. Is that better? Are they as good at carbon fiber bikes as Taiwan?
    I dont think the Dogma is cheap and I am not concerned with what it cost to produce. I also looked at a Cervelo R5 frameset which sells for $300 less than the Dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Donn12 View Post
    i wouldn't buy or not buy a bike because of where the frame was manufactured. I bought a bike based on how it handles, feels, rides and looks. The Dogma is the bike that I like better than any other bike I have seen. The OP is considering Look which I think is a french bike. Is that better? Are they as good at carbon fiber bikes as Taiwan?
    I dont think the Dogma is cheap and I am not concerned with what it cost to produce. I also looked at a Cervelo R5 frameset which sells for $300 less than the Dogma.
    Then, you have made a good choice. If the bike fits you and you are happy, that is really all that matters.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I tried a 695 but got a Dogma 60.1 and a Dogma2.
    Dogma2 is just as responsive as 695 but more comfortable, and the cable routing is better. I like the internal routing on the Dogma, it's very tidy. The Look is poorly done, internal for half the down tube...should have been all internal.
    The Zed crank on the Look is pretty neat and versatile with three lengths via the adjustable pedal insert. The Dogma will let me use any crank I want, how often do you use different length cranks anyway?
    Look has an integrated post, Dogma has regular post which makes it easier to pack the bike for travel. But the Dogma post is unique so you can't use any other post.
    Paint and finish are about equal to start, but the Look isn't as durable. My buddy has a 695 and it looks terrible already.
    Look is definitely lighter if that matters.
    Last edited by Cinelli 82220; 02-17-2013 at 04:08 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for the input Cinelli. I wish I could test each of these frames before purchasing, but there aren't any around at my LBSs. I just need it to fit right, and I will be good either way.

As far as the Pina being made in Taiwan or whatever, I could care less as long as mine is the real deal and it fits right.

How is the LOOK's finish not durable? I mean, does the paint/clearcoat fade? Did your buddy wash it with something too abrasive? Did he not wash it at all?

From the shops that I have spoken with who sell both LOOK and Pina, they say the LOOKs paint is way nicer than the Dogma.

And the cable routing, oh well..

Where a frame is made doesn't matter to some. I guess it matters to Pinarello, since they put "Made in Italy" on a frame made in Taiwan. They can do so because of EU regulations, though it is still not true.

The Dogma is a very good frame. If people don't have a problem paying Italian prices for a frame mass-produced in Taiwan, then the Dogma is a solid choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CiclismoAtl View Post
    How is the LOOK's finish not durable?
    He uses the same products as I do, Lemon Pledge after most rides, and Meguiar's soap for washing. His bike's clear coat has a "haze", and the paint has a lot of little scratches.

Mine is fine.

BTW re the Wilier Zero 7, very nice, ultra light, didn't ride it (way too big) takes an FSA BB386 crankset. If you want light it's one of the lightest frames around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    I guess it matters to Pinarello, since they put "Made in Italy" on a frame made in Taiwan.
    Neither of my Dogmas say Made in Italy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jwp75 View Post
    I've had the older Dogma 60.1, Look 695 SR, and now a Look 695. Of these 3 I preferred the Dogma for various reasons. I received my current Look this winter so I haven't done too much on the rode so I can't give you an accurate comparison to the others. But in general the dogma had a nicer feel. If weight is a concern, you won't get the Dogma to the 15 lbs mark especially if you're getting the 3.4 clincher. Mine with DA DI2 and Carbonsport Lightweight G3 tubulars came out to 15.6 lbs in a size 46.5.
    I'm curious about the Dogma in size 46.5 as to whether it'll fit me. May I ask how tall are you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Neither of my Dogmas say Made in Italy.
    Then where does it say it's made in?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Ok i'm confused. Can someone clarify this for me.

1) Is the label "Dogma 2" the same as Dogma 60.1? and Dogma 65.1? Or is there Dogma 2 60.1 and Dogma 2 65.1?

2) I thought that the carbon of the Dogma 65.1 is made by Toray, which is a Japanese company right? But yet someone up there said the Dogma 60.1 carbon is made by some Taiwanese Carbotec company. So what is it???

Man... all these labeling is sure confusing and sometimes I think bike makers are purposely trying to confuse the common man if such labeling presents a marketing advantageous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast