RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006

Thumbs up Douglas Precision Plus

After 10 years out of the saddle (motorcycle accident), I have finally decided to get back on the road.

I took my 8spd Ultegra Specialized Allez Pro in for a Tune Up and Repairs, and after a $400-$600 estimate I did what any of us would do.....

I got it from Colorado Cyclist with the DA package and Easton Wheels. it was one of their demo bikes so I got a few hundred off the price.

The only thing I am going to change is the addition of a Brooks B-17 saddle, and some new lungs, everything else is perfect
    Last edited by angelpena; 02-11-2006 at 08:00 PM.

banned
    Nice bike! You're going to love those wheels. I got mine from Colorado Cyclist along with the Fondriest P4 Carbon. I swear by the Velomax Circuits. Bombproof and very raceable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

Cool douglas presion plus

I bought this bike back in May with campy record gruppo and campy proton rims.It is one beautiful bike. The only thing Im changing is the handle bars which I upgraded to the fsa k-force carbon. I cant wait to ride it again but where I live in the upper michigan area it is going to be sometime in april if mother nature is kind. I see by the photo you are some where nice and warm. I envy that you can hammer year round. You will simply fall more and more in love with this bike the more you ride it. ride on!

RoadBikeReview Member

Good choice.

I think Douglas titanium frames are a highly overlooked frame. If I were looking for a new frame Douglas would definitely be a contender.
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Welcome back

That's a sweet bike. You're gonna love it. Unless it's just the angle of the bike in the photo, it looks like your bars need to be rotated up so that the ends point towards the brakes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    That pic was taken seconds after I gave birth to it from a box of packing peanuts, so it still needed some adjustments.

So far this is the smoothest frame I have ever used, althought it been so long since I have ridden I can't remember how it compares to the steel frames I used to ride (Trek, Specialized)

I have always dreamed of having a Campy equipped Bike but I have never been able to justify the added expense, and Shimano has never done me wrong, and I am more than pleased with the Dura Ace.

I live in So. Cal. so year round riding is very possible, I just now need to take advantage of it!

I'm about 260lbs soaking wet at my lightest so the Velomax wheels may get replaced, with Mavic CPX-33's and DA hubs and 14g spokes. the radial lacing makes me a touch nervous on the circuts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    and that wimpy Ti/CF saddle had to go! it took a week for the soreness to go away! I am now Sporting a Brooks Professional, that is at least as old as I am, Thanks Ebay!