RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

First Ti BuildFor Me-Custom Dean

Name:  IMG_3025.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  46.0 KB

New build and first Ti bike for me! So stoked!

The folks that run my team are working with Dean next year to maybe put together a factory team. This bike is sort of an experiment and a loaner for me to test out. The geometry is from a Divo bike by Pietro Caucchioli (with his consent). Some of the tubes like the HT and chain stays are not the normal Dean spec'd tubes. I built this with Sram Force 22 mech and a Pro cockpit with Knight wheels.

Just a few rides but, so far so good!

Sorry for the bad picture. The RBR uploading has been super fickle as I can't upload a file with more than about 2KB...

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Nice.
    proportions wise and visually at a glance that looks a lot like my ti bike which is a Seven.

I don't know how much is material and how much is luck/design/unique to the bikes I've tried but I can't see ever going back to a carbon bike after having a ti for a while.

Hope you get alone well with it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Nice.
    proportions wise and visually at a glance that looks a lot like my ti bike which is a Seven.

I don't know how much is material and how much is luck/design/unique to the bikes I've tried but I can't see ever going back to a carbon bike after having a ti for a while.

Hope you get alone well with it.
    Thanks Jay! My position is nearly identical to my carbon Factor O2 and with the ability to ride the same wheel set up I should get a nice comparison soon. Just a few rides so early to say anything definitive other than it is a comfortable ride (from a vibration standpoint).

One thing I can say for sure is how much I like eTap (on the Factor) vs. mechanical Sram. Wow! While totally not necessary the etap shifting is so so so superior Iím happy I went with it back in 2016.