RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

Frame recommendations for cross/road

Ok here is the skinny. Im gonna sell my road bike to buy another cyclocross bike. Reason being is so I can have a spare bike ready to go in the pits for next season, but I cant afford to buy another bike and keep my road or mountain rig. SO. I want a full carbon cross bike that performs well on the road for the off season. What have been y'alls experience riding your cross bikes with road tires and which exceeded your expectations on the pavement? Open to any brand, even chinese. Yeah yeah i know it will explode, but im a gambler.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba117 View Post
    Ok here is the skinny. Im gonna sell my road bike to buy another cyclocross bike. Reason being is so I can have a spare bike ready to go in the pits for next season, but I cant afford to buy another bike and keep my road or mountain rig. SO. I want a full carbon cross bike that performs well on the road for the off season. What have been y'alls experience riding your cross bikes with road tires and which exceeded your expectations on the pavement? Open to any brand, even chinese. Yeah yeah i know it will explode, but im a gambler.
    If you already have a c-cross, get something where you can swap wheels back and forth. Leave the cross tires on one bike/wheel set, then road tires on the 2nd cross bike. Race days mount a 2nd set of cross tires on the spare bike.

Or if going full tilt, new bike with disc's, different group, etc... get a 2nd set of wheels, one for cross tires, one with road.

R&A Cycles has 2 cyclo cross frames, one's a M/L Litespeed titanium, no fork, $954

https://www.racycles.com/outlet/cycl...-c-xframe-3003

Lots of stuff out there. I'm at 2500 miles on a Chinese. Workswell, Hongfu, Dengfu, Flyxii are all frames with decent reputations and good customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You got that wrong. It will actually implode.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    ^
    Or it could melt in the heat

Whatever you do, track down your best frame geo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004
    The Canyon Endurace will take 32mm tires so if you need to stick to UCI tires regulations, you're not really giving up anything.

The two biggest issues with the bike in the video were self inflicted. Throw some proper cross shoes and pedals on over the road ones Si used and you are in business.