RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

FSA RD 400 vs Neuvation R 28 SL

Which wheelset would you invest in as a SECOND PAIR OF wheels?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Neuvaton has a great reputation for customer service and a lot of owners post positive comments about the wheels, but mostly related to the M28's not the R28 SL's. I have owned a set of FSA RD400's since February of '04 and I like them a lot and they have been reliable even for a heavy ride like me. Chances are that for a second wheelset, you wouldn't go wrong with either choice. If you get the R28 SL's, it would be nice to see a ride report.
    '00 TiSports Titanium - DA 9 speed------.--- '01 KHS Flite 800 - DA/Utegra 9 speed mix
    Ellsworth Flight - Ultegra 10 speed -..'03 Basso Coral - Ultegra 10 speed
    '03 Specialized Allez Pro - DA 10 speed .'04 Scattante CFR Limited - DA 9 speed
    '05 KHS Flite 2000 - Ultegra 9 speed -..... '06 Flyte SRS-3 - DA 9 speed-------
    '05 Serotta Fierte - Utegra 10 speed--......-'07 Pedal Force RS - SRAM Force

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks! I am debating, but from what I have seeing, the FSA's not only look better, are only a few grams heavier, can take a POUNDING and still remain TRUE!

a jumped up pantry boy
    Quote Originally Posted by ru1-2cycle
    Thanks! I am debating, but from what I have seeing, the FSA's not only look better, are only a few grams heavier, can take a POUNDING and still remain TRUE!
    i have a set of the m28s, so i cant comment on the r28sl's really. BUT i can tell you that if you ever have a problem with the neuvations, you can get a hold of john basically any time of day and expect an email back in a couple minutes. the casette body in mine went bad and i emailed him on a thursday, friday when the mail came i had a new one. he didnt ask how long i had them, if i crashed them ,or anything. im really happy with them as a second set of wheels.

edit: you might ask a moderator to move this to where it belongs, wheels and tires. im sure you would get more responses that way.
    Last edited by yarble; 01-14-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
    And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
    And in short, I was afraid.