RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Giant TCR C2 Sizing Help

Trying to find out a good bike fit. Just came back from LBS tried out Giant TCR C2, I tried size M and S, they both fit OK. I am 5' 8" with 30" inseam 150 lbs; Giant recommends M. This is my first try for a compact frame. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    Tht sounds about right for your height....how did it feel? The effective top tube length is about 555mm. Did you feel too stretched out??

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Thanks.

My last road bike is a 54cm Battaglin CrMo back in 1987, I still own it. The saddle to BB length is 70cm, and the top tube length is 55cm. I used to run it pretty quick but my lack of fitness has its toll on me. I need a more relaxed geomtry. I have two MTB in 19" frame, also with top tube length more or less around 54 cm, but somehow I have saddle height set at 67 cm (or 83 cm from the top of saddle to the down stroke of the pedal) to get best fit. So the size M TCR did not stretch me out.

The size S also works with smaller frame, stiffer and quick. I believe S will set up more agressive since I have to raise the seat tube higher to get the same efficient stroke. On the other hand, M will set me up in a more upright comfortable position.

Any advice is appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You are almost exactly like me, right on the edge of S or M. I got an M and am using
    a 90 stem with the seat way back. The main thing is, are you OK with hip flexibility
    i.e., rotating hips forward and not humping your upper back. The M is ok for me a
    lot of people go for the S and longer stem. Do a search in the giant forum.
    All I said was that our son, the apple of our three eyes, Martha being a cyclops, our son is a beanbag, and you get testy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

advice...

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/...ad/1236/29252/

There's about 15mm difference in the reach and 15mm difference in the head tube length. Unless you must have the handelbars real high, I'd go with the small. I've got 3cm more saddle height and I'd still pick the small. The head tube is 10mm taller than my LOOK 585. The only other reason to pick a medium would be if a 130mm stem on the small is too short. Then you'd probably use a 110mm on the medium. I would not choose the medium if it required a 90-100 stem length.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Hi C-40,

Measured these from my current bike:

Seat tube is 54 cm
    Top tube is 53.5 cm
    Overall reach (top tube + stem) is 63.69 cm
    Saddle height (BB - Saddle) is 71 cm

I do not know the stock stem lenght. Guess if the lenth is between 100mm to 105mm would give me an identical reach in a S size? And, therefore, a better fit for me?

Thanks for your advice.

Ed

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have found with all my GIANTS that every rider seems to fit into two categories. Maybe smart marketing or the fact that have so many bikes to offer.

I have a TCR LARGE but have also felt comfortable on a MEDIUM. I guess you can tweak comfort with stem sizes etc.

A friend of mine is my height but has aver short torso so is riding a medium sized giant so the length is shorter for his reach.