RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

GMC Yukon XL 700c

From what I've been reading so far on these forums, the impressions of the GMC line of road bikes is largely one of disgust. Does this bike leave the same feeling of malaise?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ance&n=3375251

RoadBikeReview Member
    Five star reveiw from R. Barbagallo, how could you go wrong.

3 of 5 people found the following review helpful:

Great bike Great value, June 14, 2006
    Reviewer: R. Barbagallo (Jersey) - See all my reviews

This bike is not only sweet looking, it's simply loaded with great features. Not stupid features that are of no benefit to cyclists, but important things like a good frame, quality gears, easy shifting, and a comfortable saddle. It rides great and for the money you can't find anything comparable. It even went together easy! I had it ready to ride, fully pumped up and adjusted in under an hour. I really like the shifter/brake lever combo - comfortable, and all I need to worry about is in one place. Plus......it just looks cool!

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

Big is relative
    Does it come with a cell phone charger? Where would you put the soccer ball magnetic sticker? Does it suddenly brake and turn right without warning? Are the wheels somehow magically attracted to the white line on the edge of the road?
    Retired sailor

The Gimlet Eye
    You get pretty much what you pay for....

"Shimano tourney 14-speed gearing"

nice

11,134 posts WTF
    it's a dike bike
    "I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic." - Woody Allen

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    On the plus side, that's the cheapest Sora equipped bike I've ever seen. Much better than the ones that come with super-cheap mountain components. Haven't bothered to look up the other stuff on the bike. And, it comes with a kickstand!

The sizes seem weird to me though. They don't have one near the fairly common 54cm side. I don't think I could ride the small. Would need a 14cm stem. I bet the seat to bar drop would be crazy. The medium is too tall for me. Well shoot. No GMC bike for me.

11,134 posts WTF
    ahhhhhh, what a bummer
    "I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic." - Woody Allen