Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by wradom View Post
    Late to this thread, but feel the need to jump in. Having had bikes with both Ultegra and Dura Ace, can't help but recommend Ultegra, take the savings and get a top line set of wheels, functionally you won't notice a difference, when you're riding you can't see the dura ace motifs anyway.
    Wradom,

If not E Tap it looks like mechanical Ultegra. Appreciate the advice. I have a set of NOX carbon that are good to go. I use 28 and 32 tires so this rimset will be just right.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    Life is pretty good and I find myself in a good position. I have built up what I desire for biking on the mountain (DH; FS; and a Gravel). I'm really enjoying the road and I see it as a great way to get my cardio in without a DAMN treadmill.

I want to build a road bike. I scoured all of the internets (ha) and I decided to go with a Kish Ti road frame. Sorry to the purist on the forum; the mtb in me requires disc!

On the fence about groupset. If I go mechanical I will go Dura Ace. If I go electronic I will go SRAM Red E-Tap. I am leaning electronic. Brakeset will be what comes with the group but rotors will be 160mm (I'm a little nutty).

Headset probably will be Chris King. Could always be Cane Creek or Hope though.

Haven't got much thought into seat or seatpost. That can wait.

I could use some help with drop bars. I have IsoCore on my only road bike (Domane SLR) it's comfortable but I don't like the flex. It flexes when I hit a good climb and I'm grabbing the hoods.

I will probably go with a Ti stem. Seems to make sense for this build.

Thanks in advance for the comments and advice.
    As for components, I would never advocate for electronic shifting for the recreational cyclist. If you're competing in the Tour de France, then fine....maybe it adds something to your ride. But to me, the concept of something on a bicycle that requires batteries to work is inherently absurd.

As for handlebars, that's like asking what kind of underwear people like to wear. It's a personal thing. I use Ritchey Biomax bars but you might absolutely hate them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator View Post
    As for components, I would never advocate for electronic shifting for the recreational cyclist. If you're competing in the Tour de France, then fine....maybe it adds something to your ride. But to me, the concept of something on a bicycle that requires batteries to work is inherently absurd.

As for handlebars, that's like asking what kind of underwear people like to wear. It's a personal thing. I use Ritchey Biomax bars but you might absolutely hate them.
    Hey brotha, I appreciate your post and your thoughts. I certainly won't say your wrong. You have valid points. Couple thoughts of my own:

I posted up to get a lot of views. And I've gotten them. They do mean something.

As far as the "never" well I never do NEVER. Just don't see that as a solution. On your logic I need to trade in my F150 because I use it to travel to the MTS and long road trips with my kids...it is after all, a "work" truck. I'm not breaking your ball too bad cause you have relevancy. But that thought process would have us non-Pro sitting on anything 1k and under in the bike world.

Trek/Spec/Campy/Giant etc do NOT sponsor racers to win races as an end result. They sponsor rider to sell product. This is akin to you non pro don't need carbon when AL will suite you just fine. Where would the tech be if that were a rule followed by all?

Just my thoughts.

As it stands I haven't decided yet. But some places are looking for a hefty price for Ultegra 8. Sure changes the game from the $600 Ultegra 6800 of earlier this year.

I get that handlebars are person specific -- probably more than underwear. BUT the big hey dude is that your post is a little stifling and I'm here to learn and to get info from others. I said that my Bontrager bars were to flexy but after grabbing ZIPP SL 80 (awesome reviews) I see my hands don't like the harshness of the ZIPP. I learned.

This site helps me get ideas, thoughts, and sometimes kicks me in the ass for a off base thought. Example; your Biomax bars I can assure you I would never have heard of or payed attention if it weren't for this post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12