RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Guerciotti Alero

I just had the chance last evening to attend a really cool informal combined club event that was designed to bring together area enthusiasts of European made frames. I came across a frameset that I had never seen before in person. It was a 14lb. Guerciotti Alero built up with Campy Record and Shamal Ultra Wheels. I have never seen one on the road in real life, so it was a pleasant surprise. The bike was built up using Oria Carbon Tubing. Does anyone know more about this type of tubing? I am not familiar with Oria tubing. Are there any other manufacturers using this on any of their models? Any insight, information or first hand experience with the tubing would be appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Oria is probably better known for its steel. For the Alero the carbon mold is made by Oria but Guerciotti has exclusivity on the use.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by merckxman
    Oria is probably better known for its steel. For the Alero the carbon mold is made by Oria but Guerciotti has exclusivity on the use.
    That is what I read too. Very interesting. Sounds like a great set-up.

banned
    Nov 2007
    I have heard nothing but good things about the Alero frame from Guerciotti. I was going to go with that but went with the Khaybar. My friend has the Alero and is loving it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

where?

Quote Originally Posted by tourcycling
    I have heard nothing but good things about the Alero frame from Guerciotti. I was going to go with that but went with the Khaybar. My friend has the Alero and is loving it.

Where did you get it and if you don't mind, how much? (Sorry for being nosey.)

K. Fore

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009

Alero

I heard that the Alero and other Guerciotti frames are starting to be imported by Ochsner International. You should be able to ask a local dealer if he can get information on them from Ochsner. I've seen one as well and they are definitely sweet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

guerciotti alero

I just got a new Guerciotti Alero, wow what a ride. I rode a Kestrel Talon last year, this bike out performs the Kestrel hands down. I would highly recommend this to anyione looking for an upgrade. The best part, they are still handmade in Italy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mnesmith
    I just got a new Guerciotti Alero, wow what a ride. I rode a Kestrel Talon last year, this bike out performs the Kestrel hands down. I would highly recommend this to anyione looking for an upgrade. The best part, they are still handmade in Italy.
    Very cool. Please post pics of your bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

Guerciotti Alero

Here is a picture of the new ride just after the build. The frame is the old Kestrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Could have gotten an Alero back at the begining of 07 but went with a Cartesio frame instead. A $900 discount is a $900 discount. Podium Cycles in SD carries Guerciotti.
    Love the ride of mine and I have the only one in LV.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    It's nice to have something that no one else has. That's a nice frame you got also. I have the only Alero in Austin.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

guerciotti alero

I just bought a guerciotti alero to build up into a hill TT bike. I'll keep y'all posted!

RoadBikeReview Member
    many of their frames are made by Dedaccai- the Guerciotti Unico1 DiQuigiovanni Team Issue is the same as the Dedaccai Scuro RS. I bought one from Ribble in the UK - they import them under their own label for a lot less than the Guerciotti branded ones. The Scuro Rs is an amazing bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnesmith View Post
    The best part, they are still handmade in Italy.
    Are you sure about that? Can't trust the label that says "Made in Italy" anymore. Very few brands still make their carbon frames [I]in [I] Italy nowadays. Even fewer actually claim their frames are 100% made in Italy. Tommasini and Viner claim that for their carbon frames. Javelin claims that for their top of the line Cortina. I think Fondriest claims their TF1 is still hand made in Italy. Colnago does for some of theirs. Can't think of many others.

If Guerciotti did, that would be way cool. I would love to see them make a big comeback in the states.
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Cool

Hi forum goers, I have an early (pre Oria mould) 12K carbon Guerciotti Alero, it has straight not curved seat stays. It is without a doubt the best frame I have ever owned, so much so I am in the process of buying another Guerciotti, the Khaybar HT. My bike is built up with Campag Centaur/Daytona & Veloce, with Zonda wheels & a 3T finishing kit. I will post some pics as soon as possible.

Regards

Andy B

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Thumbs down

It is far from an abandoned thread (>_<)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Love my alero the more I ride it! This is my second carbon frame. Had a Look kg66 I bought many years ago new. This is much better. smooth and quick.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    This is the one I just got.
    It's a bit softer ride compared to my old Battaglin Vortex.
    Nice bike. I got it from ben at velomine.com. Good guy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Joe I looked at the pic. Is that an Alero or a new model?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    It's a custom clear coated Alero. I tried to post the picture, but I don't see it. Apparently, you need 10 posts before being able to attach pictures.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Yes. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

alero pic

Nice bike! mine has the wacky multi-color paint scheme with pink accents! Ha! But I got it on Ebay for cheap. Still a nice ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I had a 2002 Battaglin Vortex that some miscreant stole from my garage.
    This Alero replaced it.

I think the ride on the Alero is less twitchy and a bit softer.
    I haven't had a single skip/slide of the back wheel when climbing like I used to.
    This one has Fulcrum Zero dark wheels instead of Mavic OpenPros with Record hubs.
    The Zero's are a really nice upgrade over the OpenPros.
    They spin up very quickly and are almost noiseless.
    I like them very much.

My first impression was the Alero wasn't as good a descender as the Vortex.

Yesterday, I went down a hill I know and the Alero definitely has a softer
    feel, but it does track and corner well enough to get down pretty quickly.
    I don't think there was any real difference in speed, and I'm still a bit
    cautious with this new one. I still don't want to scratch it just yet...