Thread: GURU Parts

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2013

GURU Parts

I have a GURU CR901 that I purchased recently (before I found out that they were going bankrupt!). I have been looking high and low to see who bought up their spare parts (derailleur hangers, headsets, seat posts), but have largely struck out. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for these parts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    I noticed some Guru bikes hanging on the wall (for sale) at Moment Bicycles when I was down in San Diego last weekend.

If the are still selling bikes, I assume (?) the still have access to spare parts? Cant hurt to give them a call..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    There's no need to panic. It's very unlikely they used proprietary headsets. I see one refernence to using an FSA headset but not the type. You should be able to use the correct type production headset. Unless the seat posts are not round in cross section, you should be able to use commonly available round posts, possibly with shims. The USE plastic shims work well.

deraileurhanger.com has lots of different hangers. No Gurus listed but often manufacturers use an existing hanger. You can send them a pic and they'll see if there's a match.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2013
    What about seat posts? I was hoping to buy a newer compatible seat post that would let me use an internal DI2 battery.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2013
    Additionally, the seat post is aero (i.e. not round) so that makes it difficult to figure out what will work.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

Guru Parts

Quote Originally Posted by jtb013 View Post
    Additionally, the seat post is aero (i.e. not round) so that makes it difficult to figure out what will work.
    I also have a broken seat post clamp. Did anyone ever figure out how to find Guru parts?