RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013

Help Colnago C40 Fork Questions

Hi - I would appreciate some advice. I recently purchased a 62cm C40 B-Stay at a swap meet. Its in amazing condition but has an aftermarket carbon fork, that fits and looks fine (see pic). Based on what I have read on this forum and others I would like to add a Colnago carbon fork, I have found several 1 1/8" at good prices but can't seem to find a 1". I have read someone mentioning that its a way you can shim a 1 1/8" fork to fit the C40, but I have not found any pics or threads that fully explain exactly how this can be accomplished. And, to be totally honest its sort of mind boggling to me of how you would shim a larger fork to fit a smaller tube. Any information would be helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Colnago C40 Fork Questions-c40_1.jpg  

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I'm not sure either and I wouldn't try. If you want a Colnago fork, you'll have to keep an eye out on CL or eBay and prepare to pay a premium. The 1" forks are out there, they just don't pop up as often. I have an older C40 that I bought used with an aftermarket fork but recently replaced it with a matching steel Precisa fork. I felt lucky to get it for $150 and I'm very happy with it.

Since you have a good fork on there, just be patient, keep an eye out on eBay and eventually something will come up. I find that I have a price in mind to spend on something like this and over time that price creeps up LOL. Good luck, you'll love the C40!