RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Help with first bike purchase, GIANT OCR C2

I am new here and assume you all get beat up with questions like this but would really appreciate opinions/responses.

I am looking at purchasing a '08 Giant ORC C2 from my LBS. My only concern is that it is a demo bike. it is marked down from 2300 to 1800 and I am kinda worried about how previous users may have used the bike during their demo (I rented it for a day and it felt great but that was back in May/June) It is spec'd with SRAM Rival.

Any one have opinions on the bike, set up, or buying a demo?

Also I am wondering if it will come with a valid warranty from Giant since it is a demo but I am technically the first owner, buying from dealer?!?!

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Not sure on the warranty but I am sure that isn't that great of a deal. I'd expect that price on an 09 demo or an 08 leftover, but not on an 08 demo. Times are tough, I'd ask the shop for 1600 and a warranty in writing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    I called them about the warranty and they said they would verify but were sure I would still get a full factory warranty. They said they have all the paperwork from the bike and would work with me.

I kinda was wondering about the price also. I am seeing new leftovers for 1750-1800. I am trying to work a deal of bike, pedals, shoes deal. I just got crunch the numbers. but in the end I really loved the bike when I demo'd it this past summer so I will probably end up biting the bullet and just getting it. As long as it fits and I am happy, right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    I'm cheap, I'd call around and see what you can do. Its amazing what another shop will do when you are looking for a particular bike. You might find a steal on an 08 or they might offer you an 09 for the same price. Ask to talk to the manager, the floor guys likely have no interest in doing much for you.