RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

Help with Japanese cannondale

So i'm in the military and currently stationed in Japan. I went to a few LBS and found this Cannondale Quick 4. It is not the same as the US spec and was wondering if anyone could chime in about this bike and if it's any good for a beginner. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's a good bike for what it is... there are maybe twenty different manufacturers with very similar models all at the same relative price. It's best to test ride a handful and see what works best for you. Lacking that option, I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Quick as a first bike. C'dale still makes great frames.

How is it different from the US spec? Fortunately, Japan and the US use the same standards, so you shouldn't have any weird compatibility problems down the road.

I don't miss my time in the Navy, but, I hope that Japan is treating our overseas service members well... it's a beautiful country!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by headloss View Post
    It's a good bike for what it is... there are maybe twenty different manufacturers with very similar models all at the same relative price. It's best to test ride a handful and see what works best for you. Lacking that option, I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Quick as a first bike. C'dale still makes great frames.

How is it different from the US spec? Fortunately, Japan and the US use the same standards, so you shouldn't have any weird compatibility problems down the road.

I don't miss my time in the Navy, but, I hope that Japan is treating our overseas service members well... it's a beautiful country!
    Thanks for the help, I'm in my 7th year of the Navy and 3rd year here in Japan.

The bike is the same, I was looking at the wrong one...stupid me. But yeah I hope to pick up this bike tomorrow, hopefully it works well. I'd like to try for a century with it.

Edit: Well I ended up going to another LBS and found a 2012 Specialized Sirrus Elite.

Help with Japanese cannondale-img_1596_zps1d9d5708.jpg
    Last edited by blaze0303; 07-12-2013 at 05:24 AM.