RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017

Help sourcing Specialized Roubaix Expert 2006 Fork

Hi looking for help sourcing a replacement set of forks for my 2006 Roubaix Expert. Hit the deck pretty hard and clean snapped one of the fork legs, well beyond repair I'd suggest.

I've contacted Specialized with the frame number but they don't keep parts from that far back. For reference frame number
    STB45D0872.

I understand that this fork has quite specific crown diameter and bearing type and not a simple aftermarket replacement.

Obviously I can keep an eye on eBay etc for a compatible fork, but does anyone know of a quicker route to find a replacement?

Thanks
    Help sourcing Specialized Roubaix Expert 2006 Fork-img_9794.jpgHelp sourcing Specialized Roubaix Expert 2006 Fork-img_9795.jpg
    Last edited by Jamez1080; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling

is riding in MOPP4
    That exact fork will be difficult to find. You might want to try craigslist, but even there, you are more likely to find a complete bike or a frame set. That being said, these *might* work:

Specialized S-Works Ruby Carbon Road Fork - take off - new | eBay

SPECIALIZED CARBON 4 ROAD BIKE FORK w/ ZERTS DAMPING SYSTEM - 700C - BICYCLE | eBay

SPECIALIZED CARBON 4 ROAD BIKE FORK w/ ZERTS DAMPING SYSTEM - 700C - BICYCLE | eBay

Specialized Carbon Monocoque 4 Fork

Good luck!
    Wake me up when it's alarm green.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Thanks for your help, the crown on the 2nd item looks like what I need but I think the steerer tube will be too short. I've already bought one set of forks on eBay from a later Roubaix which didn't work and want to avoid any more costly errors especially when if I'm shipping over to the UK.
    Given the age of the frame I may be as well to cut my losses, sell it and move on, just seems a crime as it's such a nice ride and super light.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    In my mind, unless you can find NOS, buying an 11 year old used fork is a sketchy proposition.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be-new-bike-day.
    Last edited by Migen21; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:18 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    That fork is just a standard 1 1/8". The later model year Roubaix's have a tapered fork & depending upon the year, the tapers changed. For a 11 year old bike, I wouldn't worry too much about brand matching. There are plenty of new 1 1/8" forks on ebay from various bike manufacturers as well as after market brands. The only thing you need to be concerned with is if the fork that you find has the same rake as the one it is replacing.

The rake determines how a bike will handle. You could take your fork to a shop & ask them to determine what your's is & go from there. Buying a fork off ebay, I would always recommend buying new just like helmets. You don't know how close to the end of its lifespan an item is just by looking at it. Also by buying new, the steerer is uncut & so you don't have to worry if the fork is long enough for your purpose.

Vintage Marin Carbon Fork, 700C, 1 1/8" Carbon Steerer NOS | eBay

Pro Carbon Composite Fork 700C 1&1/8 - FREE USA SHIPPING | eBay
    Last edited by stan01; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:44 AM.