Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    T K
    wasssabi
    Don't worry about it. No disk breaks, you are soon to over cook a corner and die in a fiery crash anyway.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    I guess you've figured out by not that there really is no way to do this, short of taking the frame to a professional to be stripped and re-finished.

Aesthetics are obviously important to you. Anything you try to do to cover or remove those brand logos is going to look absolutely terrible.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by T K View Post
    Don't worry about it. No disk breaks, you are soon to over cook a corner and die in a fiery crash anyway.
    Unless he's decapitated first by another crasher's airborne road disk break rotor, i.e. the whirling harbinger of doom.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Most companies will void your frame warranty if you remove the decals.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    Most companies will void your frame warranty if you remove the decals.
    I heard that. Makes no sense but it is what it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogie464 View Post
    I heard that. Makes no sense but it is what it is.
    Makes plenty of sense, 'specially if the decals are under the clear coat. You're asking them to trust any schmo with access to sandpaper or volatile liquids or who knows what to remove the decals.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    I have the perfect solution - Plasti-dip spray. It comes in matte black, and sprays on like any rattle-can paint. Don't sand/prep the frame other than cleaning and masking - so it will peel off later without a trace. Lots of people online have temporarily changed the color of their bike this way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacific View Post
    I have the perfect solution - Plasti-dip spray. It comes in matte black, and sprays on like any rattle-can paint. Don't sand/prep the frame other than cleaning and masking - so it will peel off later without a trace. Lots of people online have temporarily changed the color of their bike this way.
    Taking it off like this video shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIfr1EK45uM
    Or this using several products: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7jiOL7_C8

Even the most successful products means you will have a lot of work to do to get the plastic dip off. Keep in mind a thin layer of Plasti Dip is a lot harder to remove than a thick layer, a thick layer will literally peel off, but do you want a thick chunky looking job?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    Duct tape to the rescue.... use #1,000,001!
    This will certainly make it nearly theft proof. Or you could go with the more understated black electrical tape look.

Seriously, if the Bianchi logos really bother you, take it to someone who does professional carbon frame painting. It will cost you, but if you try and do it on the cheap, you will end up with something that looks like cr@p or worse yet, compromises the integrity of the frame.

If it were me, I would leave it alone. I think it looks quite nice as is.
    Last edited by Lombard; 04-01-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    This will certainly make it nearly theft proof. Or you could go with the more understated black electrical tape look.
    Why stop at black?

Attachment 313357
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Why stop at black?

Attachment 313357

Too flashy. Might get stolen.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Seat's not level
    Just black out the "AN" so you are left with BI CHI... and then add a NTTAWWT sticker behind it.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yogie464 View Post
    I like my bike but it just has the brand all over it.
    Aesthetic perspective from an apostate graphic designer with much experience of buying black products and murdering out bad taste: In your case, with the logos being good type design with no dumb colors, removing the logos will only make your frame look cheap. Sometimes works that way. You're lucky; rare case where the logos enhance your frame.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Have any of you folks used plasti dip?

My son wants to use it to cover up the goofy I mean awesome pink-purple-turquoise "Miami Vice" color scheme painted by Shogun on my 1986 Prairie Breaker Pro.

I want to be able to get rid of the plasti dip when that color scheme makes a big comeback and I can cash in bigtime and/or my son gets his drivers license and car and forgets about bikes for a few years.

Any firsthand experience would be appreciated.

The boy finds this mid-80s color scheme to be dated and likely to bring him unwanted attention:

I told him to sack up... and fluff up his hair, and turn up his shirt collar. However, he already bought matte gunmetal plasti dip. Kids today. Am I right?

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quick update to my Shogun project. After removing all the components to do the plasti dip, we discovered a lot of chipped off paint, some rust, etc.

So we're doing Plan B, and sending it to Groody Brothers for a media blasting and nice powder coat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    My Bianchi is a good bike. Has an excellent paint job. Would be even better without so many logos. There are 2 very visible logos on every tube, the downtube has 3. 17 in total. Heck, 18 if you count the headbadge. Count the logos on your frame folks, bet it isn't 17. Bianchi went too far. To the OP, I feel the only real solution is a full repaint. Not because of the paint mind you (it's excellent), just the logos.
    Biancho Infinito CV
    Cervelo R3
    Specialized Allez
    Giant TCR
    Domane SLR

RoadBikeReview Member
    Seems that this is an important issue to take care of. Take the bike to one of the vinyl car wrap/tint places and see what they can apply. This is a removable solution that won't alter the value of the frame and will protect it from scratches.

T K
    wasssabi
    The original post was 2yrs. 4 mo. ago. I'm sure he's figured somthing out by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12