RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2017

I need to identity this bike

Hello good night, yesterday I bought this bike really really cheap in a local store.
    The question here is: itís really authentic Orbea? It has a lot of generic parts like the fork, and stem.
    The groupset is a shimano 105
    I want to know what kind of bike I have
    And, if it is a real Orbea... use the original components
    Thanks!

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Yeah, really easy to tell after looking at 1 photo from across the room. C'mon OP, make an effort so we can try to help you out.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Lol. This has got to be a joke. And if it isn't then it should be. Awesome post.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Yeah, really easy to tell after looking at 1 photo from across the room. C'mon OP, make an effort so we can try to help you out.
    Sorry dude, I know but I only have that quick picture, tomorrow, Iíll take more pics

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvr97 View Post
    Hello good night, yesterday I bought this bike really really cheap in a local store.
    The question here is: itís really authentic Orbea? It has a lot of generic parts like the fork, and stem.
    The groupset is a shimano 105
    I want to know what kind of bike I have
    And, if it is a real Orbea... use the original components
    Thanks!
    Looks like an entry level Orbea, cannibalized for the shifters, then set up as a single speed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Hey at least he got a shot of the whole bike instead of a bunch of close ups of totally useles bits of the bike, at a wonky angle... so up's for that.
    All the gear and no idea

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    It appears to be of an time that pre-dates faking bike frames being a 'thing'.

And while knock off artists may not be geniuses they probably are smart enough to not bother faking frames that aren't worth anything much.

If you're thinking the name Orbea is some exotic brand that automatically means quality and value you'd be wrong. They did and still do make high end bikes but also made department store level bikes. Not common in the US but they're kinda like the trek or cannondale of Spain. Yes they made some great bikes but also made entry level bikes that you now see chained and abandoned on Spanish streets.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Would be amusing to see lower tier Colnago, De Rosa, Pinarello or Bottecchia left abandoned on the streets of Italy? ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma601 View Post
    Would be amusing to see lower tier Colnago, De Rosa, Pinarello or Bottecchia left abandoned on the streets of Italy? ;)
    That ain't gonna happen! Those builders' "entry level" bikes usually started out as replicas of the frames they built for the pros, only outfitted with the next level down components. High end buyers lust after the best, so they rode replicas of the bikes their heroes were riding, not some downgraded entry level for "recreational use."

The 32 spoked wheels above are also strange on a pro level bike but quite natural on an entry level bike in the Euro market. Have read DeRosa at one time offered a kids' bike, and Bianchi makes upright street bikes, so you'd probably be right.

Don't laugh! An RBR poster found a lugged steel DeRosa frame in the dumpster outside his apartment building! Also rode with a kid on his Dura Ace equipped DeRosa from the '80s a friend gave him for small change. Don't think either of them knew he was riding a bike that could get $2000 on ebay. So yeah, with bikes, people often don't appreciate what they have. Even if they do, old Pinarellos could stay around for years, and sooner or later you'd see a beat up Colnago tied up outside a ristorante in downtown Rome.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Well as a starter I think I see what might be a Columbus sticker on the seat tube. It might be Genius steel or one of their variants of aluminum. The skinny fork blades make me wonder if the bike is TIG welded steel.

Let us know what that sticker says or google ďOrbeaĒ + whatever that tubing label says and youíll get a better idea what you have.