Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cycle Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by terbennett View Post
    Serious decision? You already know what you want to do with your set up. All you have to do now is decide what is best for you. Personally, I'd get the 5.9. I think component swaps are waste of time and money. Why? Because a new frame will usually be followed by upgraditis. Ultegra is a nice component group, but I'm willing to bet you'll yearn for the newer version if you have the money.
    Yes sir.....well, it's exactly what I ended up doing It's a 2016 model so it did come with an older version of the Ultegra Di2 - so now I'm planning to upgrade some bits just to make it wireless and enable "syncro-shifting".
    My New (to me) Domane 5.9 Di2 ))))))))
    "It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
    Yes sir.....well, it's exactly what I ended up doing It's a 2016 model so it did come with an older version of the Ultegra Di2 - so now I'm planning to upgrade some bits just to make it wireless and enable "syncro-shifting".
    My New (to me) Domane 5.9 Di2 ))))))))
    The new Di2 is not wireless. If you want that you have switch everything to SRAM ETap.

Also, the new 8000 series Di2 is actually slightly heavier (as a full set) than the 6800 Di2, so don't waste your money on it.

Ultegra 6870 Di2 is absolutely fine. Just ride your bike! If you go fast enough, no one else will notice what groupset you have

Cycle Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    The new Di2 is not wireless. If you want that you have switch everything to SRAM ETap.

Also, the new 8000 series Di2 is actually slightly heavier (as a full set) than the 6800 Di2, so don't waste your money on it.

Ultegra 6870 Di2 is absolutely fine. Just ride your bike! If you go fast enough, no one else will notice what groupset you have
    I have the 6770 Di2 - 1st Gen. I'm not upgrading the whole system - just the junction box, battery and adding a wireless transmitter. Weight to me is really negligible anyways, even if I did get a heavier groupset. A nice carbon wheelset will take 2lbs off my bike easy. I just love the new tech and if I can get batt indication and shift points on my Garmin that will be pretty awesome And the whole "syncro shift" thing is darn amazing to try out

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
    I have the 6770 Di2 - 1st Gen. I'm not upgrading the whole system - just the junction box, battery and adding a wireless transmitter. Weight to me is really negligible anyways, even if I did get a heavier groupset. A nice carbon wheelset will take 2lbs off my bike easy. I just love the new tech and if I can get batt indication and shift points on my Garmin that will be pretty awesome And the whole "syncro shift" thing is darn amazing to try out
    I see. I realized after re-reading the thread that you were transferring components to your new frame, and didn't get a complete bike.

I've never used 6770, so I can't comment about it specifically, but 6870 is awesome!

I do use the 'Semi Syncro' mode (I prefer to be in control of the FD shifts - surprises there kinda suck). It took me a dozen rides or so to get used to it, but it's definitely a keeper for me.

Edit to add: I have an 50/34 and 11-32 on all of my bikes except my RM-01, which has an 52/36 and 11-28. I settled on semi-syncro mode in S1. I use the default 'up 2/down 2' compensation shifts.

As far as head unit stuff goes, I don't pay any attention to the shift metrics, but it is nice to double check the battery level before a long ride, although I'm in the habit of plugging in the charger fairly frequently, so it never really gets below 50% for me.

You should check the compatibility chart to make sure you are settling on the right mix of components.

http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/pdf....0.0-01-EN.pdf

Cycle Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    I see. I realized after re-reading the thread that you were transferring components to your new frame, and didn't get a complete bike.

I've never used 6770, so I can't comment about it specifically, but 6870 is awesome!

I do use the 'Semi Syncro' mode (I prefer to be in control of the FD shifts - surprises there kinda suck). It took me a dozen rides or so to get used to it, but it's definitely a keeper for me.

I don't pay any attention to the shift metrics on my head unit, but it is nice to double check the battery level before a long ride, although I'm in the habit of plugging in the charger fairly frequently, so it never really gets below 50% for me.

You should check the compatibility chart to make sure you are settling on the right mix of components.

http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/pdf....0.0-01-EN.pdf
    Actually, I did end up getting the complete bike after all the considerations I just wish I looked a little deeper into it and realized that I'm on the 6770....They (the LBS) also could have pointed this out to me seeing as I've bought so many bikes from them over the past 8 years.....Grrrr..

So Semi-Syncro huh? I guess that would be better since NO surprises are way better!

I'm also looking forward to adjusting my shifts to the fastest speed so stuff is fast and crisp. Yeah, my biggest fear is running out of juice so I religiously check my batt before a ride. If it does 5 blinks of the green light (50% power) then I slap it on the charger. Better safe than sorry!

Thanks for the chart!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12