RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

Just finished Lemond Tete De Course build.Also need suggestions .

I just finished this build today . Pardon the picture,camera takes bad photos . Anyway ,I would like some suggestions on two things:
    1.Do you like the bar tape and if not ,what would you suggest?(
    2. What seat color would you suggest?

Last edited by Sebastionmerckx; 01-30-2009 at 01:18 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    nice bike, why is everybody looking right? Maybe next bar tape go with a solid colour, black or gold. Seat what ever is comfortable is best.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon
    nice bike, why is everybody looking right? Maybe next bar tape go with a solid colour, black or gold. Seat what ever is comfortable is best.
    I have no idea on the photos,those are my sister's children lol. When I said seat ,I was referring to color now actual choice ,sorry about that .

Witty custom user title
    Fizik Arione, black with yellow center stripe and matching bar tape. I have a Buenos Aires that I am currently building - my Fulcrums should be here this week and then I'l finally be finished with it. Pictures will be posted when finished....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    No on the tape. You tried to match the yellow of the decals and it didn't work. Black tape is for people with no imagination, but unfortunately due to the color scheme of the bike or lack thereof, you may have no choice. Make an effort to find grey, to match the frame color. Get the fork repainted to match the frame decals, with new Easton stickers, and you'll have more style than you can handle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    you want style? ride faster than the other dudes. lot cheaper than a respray. Seats under your arse so no one can see it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    I've alway felt that the multicolor tapes were tacky looking, so loose it and go with yellow or black [or grey]. If you go with yellow, a yellow saddle would really be the crowning touch, but you've got to use what ever saddle is right your you, and not all saddles are offered in yellow. I'd really try to go the yellow route with the tape and saddle though, snce you've got so much grey with the frame and components. Great bike, I've owned several lemonds myself, I'm currently on a 08 Buenos Aries, but I've had a full ti and spine ti lemond also. I also like the wide gearing of yours, it's similar to what I run. Good luck! And, oh, Westley's whitewall cleaner is great for keeping light colored tape clean, along with those rockin' tires!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclust
    I've alway felt that the multicolor tapes were tacky looking, so loose it and go with yellow or black [or grey]. If you go with yellow, a yellow saddle would really be the crowning touch, but you've got to use what ever saddle is right your you, and not all saddles are offered in yellow. I'd really try to go the yellow route with the tape and saddle though, snce you've got so much grey with the frame and components. Great bike, I've owned several lemonds myself, I'm currently on a 08 Buenos Aries, but I've had a full ti and spine ti lemond also. I also like the wide gearing of yours, it's similar to what I run. Good luck! And, oh, Westley's whitewall cleaner is great for keeping light colored tape clean, along with those rockin' tires!
    Thanks for the suggestions ..I agree also ,the tape sucks and looks tacky(they sent the wrong tape with the build kit and I didn't feel like putting up a fuss to exchange it ).

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Looks great except for the tape. I would go with solid black but I have no imagination.

As far as the saddle goes, consider what you butt likes first. When you are riding it know one sees the saddle.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Great bike! I have the same one, but yeah, I'd agree that the tape looks a little tacky. I have Arundel's Gecko tape (http://www.arundelbike.com/gecko.html?p=1.1.3.1) and really like the grippiness of it. Plus, I think it matches the yellow of the frame. As for a saddle, I use whatever is most comfortable -- that's why I've got a red & grey Arione (transferred from my previous bike).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just finished Lemond Tete De Course build.Also need suggestions .-dsc_0001.jpg   Just finished Lemond Tete De Course build.Also need suggestions .-dsc_0007.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I think the multi color tape distracts from the rest of the bike. I'd go black tape and keep the black saddle.

But if you change tires in the future to black, then white bartape and saddle would look good too.

Fat aging guy on a bike..
    Yup splotchy tape always sucks.......

That Arundel tape above looks good and looks like a good match as well. Most importantly, it sounds like it works well....
    ......._: )
    ...... \<,
    ...( )/( )

My Crappy Blog

Reality Star
    Have you thought of yellow housing for your cables, it would go nicely with the yellow tires, if you plan on sticking with yellow tires. Ditch the marbled tape.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I had considered going with yellow housing but at the time I couldn't get it through the place I ordered my build kit and I was impatient haha. I definitely wouldn't have went with the tape I have on there if they hadn't sent the wrong kind . I just really didn't feel like going through the hassle of sending it back etc. I really liked the yellow tape above and went ahead and ordered it a little while ago . I think like others have said,of going ahead with a yellow saddle if I can find it in what I like .
    I appreciate all the comments and suggestions=)

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Keep the saddle black. I really like the idea of solid yellow tape & yellow cable housing. I don't know if anything like this is available, but maybe 1 yellow spoke per wheel would add a little pizazz.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.