RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010

Kestrel RT 900 SL

Any experience or thoughts on this frame or complete bike? It appears to be available online with a great spec (Sram Red Mavic Ksyrium sl) for a great price.
    ________
    LIVE SEX
    Last edited by rubbersoul; 09-10-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Wave, dammit!
    In 3... 2... 1....
    When a cyclist in your area is injured or killed by a motorist, make an extra effort the next day to go for a ride. It doesn't have to be an organized ride, or even a long ride. Hell, ride a 15 minute loop around your neighborhood if you want.

Just be seen riding your bike.

Do it to make people aware we're out there. Do it to honor a fellow traveler. Do it because you're lucky enough to still be able to.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    I'm not selling or shill them, I'm curious to know what people thought of the frame? stiffness, ride quality, built quality etc.

Thanks to anyone in the know!
    ________
    Vaporizer-Info.Com
    Last edited by rubbersoul; 09-10-2011 at 08:39 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    I'm interested too. Excel Sports has a bunch of them. Not sure if they are carrying them or just have a few to close out. Unfortunately I didn't have time to ride one when I was there. I think they had 54, 57 and 59.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    I would say the bike is amaizing! Fast fast fast If you get the RT-900SL, its all SRAM red and Kyrium SL wheels so there is nothing to upgrade.
    The ride compares to the Orbea orca which is essentially as close to the same mold as you can get with out the companies going into a pissing contest.
    i bought mine for $3600 shipped. Then I added some speed plays, and carbon cages and I am set. I can ave 3mph higher on the RT 900 vs. my S-works....

banned
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by zion rasta
    I would say the bike is amaizing! Fast fast fast If you get the RT-900SL, its all SRAM red and Kyrium SL wheels so there is nothing to upgrade.
    The ride compares to the Orbea orca which is essentially as close to the same mold as you can get with out the companies going into a pissing contest.
    i bought mine for $3600 shipped. Then I added some speed plays, and carbon cages and I am set. I can ave 3mph higher on the RT 900 vs. my S-works....

Nothing to upgrade is all relative-- my "sram red" drivetrain includes shifters and rear derailleur. Not a fan of their brakes, crankset, front derailleur, cassettes, chains.

Ksyrium wheels also leave much to be desired, you can do so much better with handbuilts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdeth1313
    Nothing to upgrade is all relative-- my "sram red" drivetrain includes shifters and rear derailleur. Not a fan of their brakes, crankset, front derailleur, cassettes, chains.

Ksyrium wheels also leave much to be desired, you can do so much better with handbuilts.

Well, so far all the Sram red bits have worked for me as well if not better than any Shimano drive train. To each its own. I'll take red over Dura Ace any day.....

The Ksyriums SL are well build period. I'll give you the hand build wheel point but for mountain bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    I hate the company and that they are always clearancing them out for cost online, but the bikes ride great.

For anyone who has ever ridden a bike for more than a few hours in their life would know that the Orca and the RT 900 sl are completely different bikes. They ride nothing alike, and are sized differently.

Also, for the record, Shimano does many things better than SRAM. Let me know how that SRAM Red cassette works out for you after 4000miles, and it starts to skip as you climb out of the saddle. Th

RoadBikeReview Member
    Where did you find one for $3600?

Quote Originally Posted by zion rasta

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_the_weak
    yea, me wanna know too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by climbandcycle
    I hate the company and that they are always clearancing them out for cost online, but the bikes ride great.

For anyone who has ever ridden a bike for more than a few hours in their life would know that the Orca and the RT 900 sl are completely different bikes. They ride nothing alike, and are sized differently.

Also, for the record, Shimano does many things better than SRAM. Let me know how that SRAM Red cassette works out for you after 4000miles, and it starts to skip as you climb out of the saddle. Th
    Why would you be upset with a company for handing out excellent deals? "unless you are their competitor"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Dear all,
    Here are the deals:
    http://www.bicycledoctorusa.com/

Call Steve and ask him to give you a deal on the RT-900. The other cool thing is that he lets you pick your SRAM red components. Crank size, cassette, etc.

They too get them directly from the factory and build them up....

So far, I am telling you, the bike is fast. 59cm with pedals computer and cages 15.5lbs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004

Bicycle doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_the_weak
    Found it at Bicycle doctor (Bloomington IN). Did you get the RT-900 SL? BD has some RT-800 left...