Thread: Kona Honky Tonk

Making memories

Kona Honky Tonk

My newest ride. I bought the frame a week before I blew out my knee playing soccer in April. Put it together as part of my therapy after the ACL reconstruction surgery. Used some older campy stuff I had lying around and took some Superbe Pro bits off my father in-laws bike. This will be the commuter and once I throw some fat tires on it should work well on the local dirt roads. Oh yeah, took my first ride since the injury tonight. What a fabulous feeling to be back on the bike. Was waaaaaayyyyyyy slow though.

The bike is actually quite nice. A bit heavy. Rolls well. Smooth. Quicker steering than I expected. Kona puts together a nice frame/product. First impressions are good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kona Honky Tonk-kona.jpg   Kona Honky Tonk-logo.jpg   Kona Honky Tonk-honky-tonk.jpg   Kona Honky Tonk-rear-der.jpg   Kona Honky Tonk-brake.jpg  

m_s
    oh lonesome road for you
    Looks great!

How much tire clearance do you think you have in the chainstays?

Making memories
    Quote Originally Posted by m_s
    Looks great!

How much tire clearance do you think you have in the chainstays?
    The shop thinks 28's no problem, maybe get away with 32's. I don't remember what the Kona catalog says; 28's with fenders?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Nice build and congrats!

I was able to fit 32c tires into my Kapu, I imagine the Honky Tonk should be similar in tire clearance since both frames require the longer reach 47-57mm brakes.