Herman Menderchuck!
    Jul 2008

Kona Zing vs Specialized Allez Elite

I'm looking at picking up a 2006-2008 Aluminum frame to go out and take on some longer ride 50+ miles. I would like snappy performance and a light frame. These bikes seem to run in the $600-800 range used, with the Kona being a bit more pricey it would seem. Which would you all recommend?
    http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/ZING/index.html
    http://www.konaworld.com/08_zing_w.htm
    Specialized Allez Elite 2006-2008 (Not sure about Comp, Double, Triple distinctions)
    I'm 5'10", 200lbs, and I don't have especially long legs.
    I know there are a bunch of bikes out there that are really similar (Al frame, shimano 105's) but the reason I was looking at these two is that in the past I have liked Specialized bikes better than the other "normal" brands. As for Kona, I have never tried one but I like the company and have heard good things. One question I have is if it's worth trying to track down a Kona Zing to test ride, as it is not a common bike. Any other thoughts on the two?

My only other though was that I might prefer a bike with Campagnolos because the times that I have used STI shifters I really didn't like them.

I'm open to recommendations/suggestions.

Thanks!

Lastly, the Kona is something different from a smaller maker that won't be seen too often, so I'm attracted to it for that reason.

NER ER
    May 2008
    I purchased a specialized allez elite triple 2 months back. I absolutely love this bike, it rides great, the geometry is very comfortable but also aero and the 105 shifters are great. I would highly recommend it.
    Life is simple, you live, you die, you get sealed in an airtight, rot resistant container, you get dug up 25,000 years from now as an archaelogical specimen.

Also, hookers and blow. -Ridgetop