RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011

LEADER Cyclocross bike question

I just picked up a used Leader cyclocross bike, model LD-416cr. I have been looking around on line for info on this frame (7005 aluminum with a steel fork). Its a cool frame the bike itself has some good parts and rides nice but needs a little work. Anyone know anything about these bikes??? considering fixing it up as a winter project...thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Outside of their track models and one or two road models, I never even knew that Leader even made a cyclocross model. Leader seems to be more focused on their track frames now since those are their biggest sellers. I have been told that their road models have some pretty decent framesets and those that have used them seem very happy with them. Safe to assume that the cyclocross bikes will satisfy most people too. Just the frame and fork alone soubnd durable enough. If the price is right and the Just understand that you won't have a warranty and this is a discontinued model.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for the reply...makes me feel better, sounds like the quality is there. I paid 375.00 for the bike, has Shimano Ultegra STi shifters and Ultegra front and rear derailures. 9 speed I believe, Chris King Headset, Avid shorty 4 canti brakes, Carbon compact crank (Forte I believe), Richey pro stem and bar and Richey cross tires. Wheelest has shimano Tiagra hubs and an unknown rim. Also came with a Flight deck computer. The shifter/brake levers and rear derailure are a little ragged/scratched but work perfectly. Bought it off the original owner who built it up from the frame up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow!! The shifters and derailleurs alone are worth more than half ofwhat you paid for the bike, That bike is an easy $500-600 sale.