RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

Lemond Zurich Triple

I am new to the road biking and have a question about a bike.
    It is a 2001 Lemond Zurich Triple. He wants $850. for it. What can anyone tell me about this bike. All opinions are welcome Thank you.

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Had a blue and yellow zurich. nice and comfortable bike, a crusier built out of Reynolds 853 w/725 chainstays (maybe) all steel/carbon fork. I had a 51. It had a slightly slacked seat tube angle 73.75+/- and a 10cm head tube. Here is a link to some archives look for yours http://www.bikearchive.com/action.ph...D&model=Zurich

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    That sounds kinda high for that old of a bike. Nice bike, but it's got some outdated equiptment on it. Look on ebay at completed listings for a similar model and see what they are bringing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    One just sold on ebay for $760. There is another one for $750 I can buy it now for that price.

banned
    It's a very good bike. Reynolds 853 steel, Ultegra (IIRC), good geometry.

I think they sold for around $1800-2000 back in the day. $850 isn't a horrible price, might be worth it to get it if he comes down a little.

That said, that 57cm Zurich on eBay for a starting bid of $600, and a 'Buy it Now' price of $750 seems pretty tempting, if it's in good condion and that's your size:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-LeMond-ZURI...QQcmdZViewItem

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    I think we are looking at the same bike. I like the colors and I think it woull make a good beginner road bike

banned
    Totally. You have to compare and think about what you would get in a $600-750 new road bike vs what you'd get in a used Zurich... you'd be talking strictly entry-level at that price level if you bought new.

The only thing that worries me about eBay bikes is condition... are there cracked welds, messed up dropouts, etc.? I'm a worrier. For used stuff, I like my local Craigslist listings better, because I can actually view the bike or parts in person before buying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    He does mention that this bike is a relist as one on the dropout was bent. He said it was repaired and gaurenteed it to work perfectly. Can they be repaired and guarenteed?

banned
    That's a question for the general crowd. I have no experience in having a bent dropout on one of my bikes repaired (so I can't say how it'll hold up), but others around here may. Might be worth starting a seperate thread just for that. I assume the bike mech just cold set it/bent it back to straight? Might be worth contacting the seller to get particulars.

The worrisome part is that it's a fork dropout, if ya know what I mean. But, who knows, it may be a routine repair. I'd research it.

banned
    Oh also, re: damaged/bent dropouts and how repairs of them hold up, you could do a search for similar topics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    yeah i just bought a 2000 lemond maillot jaune frameset for 200 on the craigslist. carried it home on my boys stroller. its like graco knew i was gonna carry bikes on it 'cause the top tube fits perfectly on the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Seems pretty high. I sold my '04 Lemond Zurich for $800. I would be looking in the range of $650-700 for that.