Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Litespeed Classic

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CC09 
#1 ·
Well I rebuilt by LS Classic with 2007 Campy Centaur and 2006 Zonda wheels. I am still waiting on my Deda shallow drops and WCS 120 Stem after that it should be about finished. I sill need to decide on pedals and am thinking of Look Keo sprints. Anyway this is my first time using Campy and although the shifting and such is comparable to my D/A equiped LOOK I can honestly say I like the shape of the hoods much more. Anyway hope you guys like it.

Thanks
Matt

#2 ·
Very nice, I myself and thinking of shifting back to campy (2007 centaur) for my next bike. Man I am hesitant because ultegra has served me well for several years but that centaur group is nice looking and priced right, plus all the campy reviews are all good.

#4 ·
Sweet. I'm digging the new Campy gear. Centaur goes carbon! And the Centaur cranks look GREAT. I've never been too big on the Campy carbon cranks, and just bought what is probably the last of the Record alloy... Glad to see the Centaur alloy looking so good.

As for the pedals, I'd stick with DA7800 (if that's what those are). There's new DA pedals coming out, so you might wait for those, but in my opinion you won't find the Keos to be any kind of improvement. In fact, I think they suck, and I replaced mine with Times, which also kind of sucked (broken cleats), and then replaced the Times with DA7800s. I'm not buying new pedals any time soon! I also have a full Campy bike, so it might seem like a bit of a faux pax, but ride what works.

#5 ·
Pedals

Honestly, I think the Look pedals will be a downgrade from your Dura Ace pedals. After years of dealing with the Look pedal squeak, I switched to Ultegra pedals and I am very satisfied. They feel like the Looks but they are silent and the cleat system is better. I couldn't take the squeaking any more.

Mike

#8 ·
No complaints. I actually just broke it down and sold the frame on ebay since it is a bit small. I am keeping my eye out for a 61cm right now. It is a very nice ride although not the stiffest I never found it to flexy and I am 6'2 185lbs masher. The handling is very predictable and the bike is stable at any speed I have had it up to. Hope this was a help.

#10 ·
mprevost said:
Honestly, I think the Look pedals will be a downgrade from your Dura Ace pedals. After years of dealing with the Look pedal squeak, I switched to Ultegra pedals and I am very satisfied. They feel like the Looks but they are silent and the cleat system is better. I couldn't take the squeaking any more.

Mike
I have several thousand miles on my Keo's - no squeaking here. These are not your father's Looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.