RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Looking for Giant Defy Advanced 0 2012 Cheap?

I am looking for a 2012 Giant defy advanced 0 with DI 2. I presently ride a 56 trek pilot so assume I would want the large frame at 56cm.

Has anybody seen these at close out type pricing , being as it is the close out of 2012 models and 2013 should be coming in soon.

Just wondering what others have seen. Can I get one for 3K?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmen View Post
    I am looking for a 2012 Giant defy advanced 0 with DI 2. I presently ride a 56 trek pilot so assume I would want the large frame at 56cm.

Has anybody seen these at close out type pricing , being as it is the close out of 2012 models and 2013 should be coming in soon.

I was pricing a Giant Defy Composite 1 with Ultegra last weekend and I asked the LBS if they could discount it and they said they could. I have not gotten far enough to see what kind of discount, but Im guessing maybe 15-20% or so. Its 2400 list and have seen some pricing for just under 2000.
    Last edited by taylor35; 07-04-2012 at 12:09 PM.

irony intended
    You'll probably will be able to get what you want (assuming Ultegra Di2), with a little bit of effort. My method was calling every Giant reseller LBS within 150 miles and popping the question. Watch out for them them cheaping the wheelset, though, unless they're sincerely interested in gaining your repeat business.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd say you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a dealer that is going to drop down to just a bit over cost which is what 3k would be on that model. It's still way too early in the season to see that level of drop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I've been on mine for a week now. Still not finding them cheap - I searched long and hard after riding a buddy's and falling in love. I got mine from LBS for $3900 out the door. Cheapest I could find was about $3750 - but I'm not a fan of the faceless www bike shop. Side note - WOW - it puts my '09 Madone to shame, and the di2 is frickin' goofy smooth...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Giant Defy

Did you get this one with those carbon wheels for $3900 out the door?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgarman View Post
    I've been on mine for a week now. Still not finding them cheap - I searched long and hard after riding a buddy's and falling in love. I got mine from LBS for $3900 out the door. Cheapest I could find was about $3750 - but I'm not a fan of the faceless www bike shop. Side note - WOW - it puts my '09 Madone to shame, and the di2 is frickin' goofy smooth...

QUITE Sweet! Congrats.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Did you get this one with those carbon wheels for $3900 out the door?
    jackmen - you know better. You get what you pay for in this world - I've bought 5 bike in my adult life - and researched them all. You get what you pay for. They need to make money as well. My LBS guy who I know pretty well said they have about $3300 in that bike. I bought it for under $3700 (tax took it to $3900 even). So, they made some money. They keep the lights on, add expertise, give me advise and plenty of freebie mini-tunes / adjustments.

If that's not your price range, grab the Defy Advanced 1 - same stuff - just no techno gizmos.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    beautiful bike. I'm looking at the Giant Defy but down in the Composite range. I'm hoping that maybe in a couple of months, September-ish, that if any are still around in my size that I might be able to get a good deal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

2012 defy advanced 0

dear ssgarman, your bike looks beautiful, but those wheels are the original or you have changed them. i am new to road bike, so if you can tell me what kind of computer you put on it (that i saw in the pic that looks big enough like an iphone). you seem to be very frugal and a bargain shopper, i look forward to your reply. thanks. khanh in pensacola, fl.

Hi

If you're riding a 56 standard Trek you would not want a Giant in large.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

defy advanced 0

hello fashion czar, i am looking to buy one on sale also, but the cheapest one i found in medium size is from roswell, georgia. they want 3900 plus tax. i am not in a hurry and told them i called again at the end of the year to see if they can lower it a little bit more. hope this help. i do not know where you are but i am from pensacola, fl, and have some friends up around atlanta to visit if i do make the trip to get it. good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Mentioned this in another thread. Early July I was looking for a DA-1 in size L. First three shops I called had none in stock and one checked with Giant and was told no more available, waiting for the '13 stock.
    Fourth shop I called told me they did not have a 1 in my size but had a 0 in L they would sell for the retail of the 1, $3,700. Considered it for about half a second and bought it. I felt it was a great deal and just luv the bike.