Parlee fan!

Massi M carbon or Fondriest Domino Carbon :confused:

Hi fellas!

I'm still researching on the Fondriest Domino Carbon for purchase next year. I stumbled upon this website and was shocked that this frame (Massi M Carbon) resembled the Fondriest Domino frame.

Here it is. Can anyone shed light on this?

http://community.webshots.com/album/168248237QiPLum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Massi M carbon or Fondriest Domino Carbon :confused:-massi_m_carbon.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

don't be shocked..

Frame sharing is nothing new. The "Masi" certainly looks identical to the Fondriest. Since it's the cheapest Fondriest carbon model, there's no telling who really builds the frame.

I don't see thismodel listed on the Masi website???

http://www.masibikes.com/specialec.html

Parlee fan!

Massi with a double s

Hi C-40

It appears that Massi could very well be a Spanish Brand. Here's another website I found.

http://www.cycles-georget.com/velomassi.htm

By any chance does any one know where the Fondriest Domino Carbon is made?

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Oh!

Didn't catch the double S. What's the point of the inquiry? Is the Massi cheaper?? So far I haven't found a geometry chart on it. If it matches the Fondriest, that's an indicator of it's origin.

You can read more about Fondriest's carbon frame manufacturing at www.fondriestbici.com.

eminence grease
    Quote Originally Posted by C-40
    Didn't catch the double S. What's the point of the inquiry? Is the Massi cheaper?? So far I haven't found a geometry chart on it. If it matches the Fondriest, that's an indicator of it's origin.

You can read more about Fondriest's carbon frame manufacturing at www.fondriestbici.com.
    geo chart - http://www.casamasferrer.com/indexcm.htm?idi=I

products-frames-road

the other site appears to be a seller. this one might be the MFGR.

Parlee fan!

more more more...

I was able to find a geometry chart for the Massi M Carbon (http://www.casamasferrer.com/indexcm.htm?idi=I) and compared it to the Domino Carbon's geometry. Unfortunately each chart measures different areas of each frame so getting an exact comparison may not be possible with this chart from Massi and the one available at fondriestbikes.com. However it appears that the headtube and seat tube measurments are identical for both frames. I'm almost convinced that these 2 frames come from the same maker at least.

Incidently, in a UK based bikeshop, an ultegra equipped Massi M Carbon will cost about Euro 2,681.39 (3,593.66 USD). http://www.wheelsnmotion.co.uk/index...tml&lang=en-gb

I do not have much experience with carbon frames and I'm learning as I go. I guess I still have a lot of learning to do... fun though.

Joe

carbon enthusiast
    Feb 2005

Massi M-Carbon

I have a Massi M-Carbon (44.5 ctc). Still in the process of building it up, but it's quite light and hopefully, very nimble. The guys at casamasferrer.com are helpful and they answered my questions promptly and clearly. But the decision is up to you...

If you want any pictures, e-mail me.
    Last edited by carbonizemoh; 02-04-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Gronk SMASH!

Mmmmmm! Fondriest

They do look quite identical. For what it's worth, I'd go with the Fondriest. Just one of the sexiest names out there. At that price point, though, I'd bet it's the same frame or indistinguishable. Have you bought the frame yet?
    ... and so it goes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Massi are a Spanish-based marketing organisation focussed on the middle-market and don't have the cache of Fondriest. Having said that Fondriest sub-contracts most of its manufacturing , apart from its top-end carbon frames - most of the high-end aluminum frames came from Viner as well as the Deda DCS. The carbon frame is question is undoubtedly sourced from a third party and I've seen it marketed under a number of other different brands as well - doesn't make it a bad frame - just don't pay a premium for a label that it doesn't own.