RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016

Motobcane Omni Starda Sport vs Nashbar 105 Cyclocross, maybe now Motobecane Turino

So I currently own a 2001 Giant Rincon SE with a fixed fork as my commuter/general bike and a 2004 LeMond Big Sky SL as my distance/ RAGBRAI ride (obviously I'm from Iowa)

I'm looking at consolidating and getting one bike. I'm thinking the Omni Strada Sport or the Nashbar 105 Cyclocross. I want a do all bike and prefer drop bars for hand placement.

This will be a commuter (2-5 miles) with paved roads/trails and then typical 50 - 75 mile distance rides.

I was looking at the Motobcane Omni Strada Sport for it's longer head tube and more upright riding position but was looking at the Nashbar for the 105 groupset.

I'm 5'6" 170lbs and the Nashbar with the Iron Cross tubeless was worrying me due to the 40psi max for the rims. Is that just if going tubeless? I'm running Kenda Kwest for my commuter at 90psi and Gatorskins on the LeMond at the same psi.

The Giant has 1.5" tires so 38mm and the LeMond has 25mm. I was thinking of running 32-35 mm tires for everyday and then 25 - 28mm on a second set of wheels for distance rides.

Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by N00dles; 08-30-2017 at 07:16 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Post in the Bikes, Frames, & Forks forum?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    Gotcha. I'll see if a mod can move this.

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderator's Note

Moved per request.

Also look at some of the "endurance" style road bikes like the Trek Domane or Specialized Roubaix.

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by N00dles View Post
    So I currently own a 2001 Giant Rincon SE with a fixed fork as my commuter/general bike and a 2004 LeMond Big Sky SL as my distance/ RAGBRAI ride (obviously I'm from Iowa).
    obviously!
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    obviously!
    Hey if you ride a bike and are from the states you should know what RAGBRAI is or at least heard of it.

So looking at rim interior width I may have to look at the Motobcane Turino line if I just want to swap out tires instead of entire wheels. 19mm interior vs 23mm on the Omni Strada.

Granted that's if I stick with a Motobecane as opposed to another brand. Based on the info from Sheldon Browns site a 19mm interior width wheel would give me the desired tire range I want to possibly run.
    Last edited by N00dles; 08-30-2017 at 07:18 PM.