RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

My new bike - GURU Geneo

Hello
    I just wanted to share with you some pictures of my new bike! I just received it this afternoon so I can't wait to ride it.

It's a GURU Geneo, full Campi Record with Reynold Attack wheel. It's been built custom according to my body measurement, riding style etc. I'll change the saddle for my actual SMP white. That will looks even better. If you want more infos rgarding the bikes here's the website: http://www.gurubikes.com/locale/

Any other GENEO's owner on this board?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice...can easily spot these on the road because of the tube shapes. Very nice paint scheme.

Enjoy

Lost in the Black Hills
    awesome bike!! i have been saving for the geneo. sadly, i just spent the funds in an ibis mojo sl which is roughly the same price

the geneo will have to wait until next year probably.

how does everything seem on it? is the finish top notch? did you have a custom bike prior to this? does it seem to fit better just sitting on it? did you ride it yet? how does it ride?

did that clear display stand come with the bike?

does it weigh around 16-17lbs?

mx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Beautiful bike. One of the local LBS is a dealer, so I've seen a few Gurus in different frame materials. They all seem to be beautiful and flawless.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    awesome bike!! i have been saving for the geneo. sadly, i just spent the funds in an ibis mojo sl which is roughly the same price

the geneo will have to wait until next year probably.

how does everything seem on it? is the finish top notch? did you have a custom bike prior to this? does it seem to fit better just sitting on it? did you ride it yet? how does it ride?

did that clear display stand come with the bike?

does it weigh around 16-17lbs?

mx
    This is my 1st custom bike and I feel great on it. I always have knee and neck problem with my others bike and those issues disapear with the GENEO. The bike is really great, great power transfert and it's really confortable for a carbon bike. I did not put it on a scale but I guess the bike should be around 16 lbs.
    No the display did not come with the bike unfortunately, this is a picture taken at GURU wieh I picked up the bike.

Lost in the Black Hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben01t
    This is my 1st custom bike and I feel great on it. I always have knee and neck problem with my others bike and those issues disapear with the GENEO. The bike is really great, great power transfert and it's really confortable for a carbon bike. I did not put it on a scale but I guess the bike should be around 16 lbs.
    No the display did not come with the bike unfortunately, this is a picture taken at GURU wieh I picked up the bike.
    but the problems that went away are likely due to a custom fitted bike...correct?

did guru fit you? did you have multiple places fit you to see if there were discrepancies?

before i pay 4k+ for a frame, i want to make sure i get a quality fit. this concerns me

mx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    but the problems that went away are likely due to a custom fitted bike...correct?

did guru fit you? did you have multiple places fit you to see if there were discrepancies?

before i pay 4k+ for a frame, i want to make sure i get a quality fit. this concerns me

mx
    I guess it's the same thing with all the bike from all the brand, the fitting is the most important thing on a bike so it's necessary to find a good person to fit you properly.

What I can say is that GURU dealer have specific form that they have to fill with all the measurement to built a perfect fit for you, Those measurement a pretty defined so the risk of mistake is highly reduced. Also, there is a double check made at GURU's factory before they come up with the final drawing.

I my case, I was fitted directly at the production plant in Laval (close to MTL).

Hope it's help.

RoadBikeReview Member

lovely bike

Leaning towards a Guru Geneo for my next bike - a departure from my usual preference for traditional steel frames. We have a dealer near me and I admit I have not popped in, partly because I am afraid I might decide I need one right now (instead of next year, which is what I have budgeted for).
    As I grow older I will remember the first light on the water, my will to win, the strength of my arms and the power of the crew.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just did a week-long tour of the Alps w/ two guys who had Geneo's. Gorgeous bikes!

Finish was top notch, too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Sweet! I am in the process of building up a Guru Maestro (the original name before they changed it to Geneo). I purchased the frame from a bike shop where it was a display bike for a couple of years. Hopefully with some smart buying I am able to get the bike built under budget (or on budget).

Does it ride as good as everyone says it does?

Lost in the Black Hills

i'm so excited...

i think i am going to order a geneo frame this week! i called guru and talked to them already. he said they are having 10% off frame right now...not sure if this is something they always have going on or not.

i need to wait until jan to buy the rest of parts.

mx

RoadBikeReview Member

I own one..............

Lost in the Black Hills
    fitted and ordered!

mx