Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    My New Guerciotti Twister

    Hi Guys!

    So, my will power took a back seat... (yet again) and the fruit of that event was this bike. A 2006 Guerciotti Twister. I built it with Record/Chorus mix and Proton wheels. For me to keep this bike, I agreed (with the Mrs) to list my 2005 Wilier Triestina Lavaredo (Campy Daytona w/ Vento ) for sale as the deal was only 3 bikes at a time.

    Here are the Pics. Enjoy.

    Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My New Guerciotti Twister-guerciotti1.jpg   My New Guerciotti Twister-guerciotti2.jpg   My New Guerciotti Twister-guerciotti3.jpg  
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  2. #2
    Twitterpated
    Reputation: T-shirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,115
    Cool, they did a nice job with the yellow color blocking. I like your idea with the red bar tape too; I would not have thought of that.

    I'll have to take a look at the guerciotti web site and learn more about them.

    Congratulations,
    Tshirt

  3. #3
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by T-shirt
    Cool, they did a nice job with the yellow color blocking. I like your idea with the red bar tape too; I would not have thought of that.

    I'll have to take a look at the guerciotti web site and learn more about them.

    Congratulations,
    Tshirt
    Thanks T-shirt!

    Its a fantastic ride. I've been eyeing Guerciotti bikes since 1998, this was the first opportunity that presented itself to me, so I grabbed it like it was going out of style. . I love Guerciotti bikes and am happy to have gotten one. Now, the only thing I need is to con the Mrs to keep the Wilier .

    Ride Safely.

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    888
    Nice bike. I'm trying to save up the money for a Guerciotti frame. I raced one that was a SL/SP mix back in the mid 80's. I loved the way that bike rode and handled.

  5. #5
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by exracer
    Nice bike. I'm trying to save up the money for a Guerciotti frame. I raced one that was a SL/SP mix back in the mid 80's. I loved the way that bike rode and handled.
    Hi exracer!

    I used to work for a shop that sold Guerciotti bikes during the late 1990's. I fell in love with them but, fresh out of college, I couldn't afford them. Anyway, I hope you'll be able to get your Gerciotti frame pretty soon. Lots of luck!

    Ride safely!

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  6. #6
    Twitterpated
    Reputation: T-shirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by santosjep
    Thanks T-shirt!

    Its a fantastic ride. I've been eyeing Guerciotti bikes since 1998, this was the first opportunity that presented itself to me, so I grabbed it like it was going out of style. . I love Guerciotti bikes and am happy to have gotten one. Now, the only thing I need is to con the Mrs to keep the Wilier .

    Ride Safely.

    Joe
    I looked at their web site. Wow, they offer everything: carbon, aluminum, even steel. They look like really nice bikes.

    Were you able to get yours through a local dealer or did you go online?

    Thanks,
    Tshirt

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    How does it ride?

  8. #8
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    They are nice. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by T-shirt
    I looked at their web site. Wow, they offer everything: carbon, aluminum, even steel. They look like really nice bikes.

    Were you able to get yours through a local dealer or did you go online?

    Thanks,
    Tshirt
    I finished the build last Thursday and placed around 125 miles on it already since then. It was a great E-bay purchase. I've always admired Guerciotti bikes. The Twister looked like the same materials that the SOMEC Flash, which was very similar to the SOMEC Starlight. So, I gave it a shot. I’m a happy camper.

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  9. #9
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    I love riding it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rdg62
    How does it ride?
    I took it for a 40 mile ride today and I'm all smiles. It's stiff but forgiving. I'm a heavy rider (around 195lbs) and sprinting on the Twister is such a pleasure.

    I love it.

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  10. #10
    Overweight wannabe roadie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    170
    Owwww! My two fave colors! That is one of the most striking yellow/black schemes I have ever seen. I just have to wonder what that would look like on lugged steel. The red wrap is a nice touch, hooks up well with the Easton bar. Just need some tires with red sidewalls to tie it all together. BTW, how do you like the perforated bar tape, comfortwise? I assume it is F'izik Microtec?

  11. #11
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by slowmo1
    Owwww! My two fave colors! That is one of the most striking yellow/black schemes I have ever seen. I just have to wonder what that would look like on lugged steel. The red wrap is a nice touch, hooks up well with the Easton bar. Just need some tires with red sidewalls to tie it all together. BTW, how do you like the perforated bar tape, comfortwise? I assume it is F'izik Microtec?
    Thanks for the kind words slowmo1! I've been using ITM, 3T and Cinelli bars historically. This was my first Easton bar. After almost 200 miles on it, I'm happy. I love the bars. Actually, I might be upgrading my bikes with the Easton bars. A few more hundred miles, then I could very well pull the trigger. The Fizik Microtec is a wonderful addition. Give them a try. If you're coming off cork, you'll probably appreciate the change. It's like a tennis raquet grip.

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  12. #12
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    Microtec

    Quote Originally Posted by slowmo1
    Owwww! My two fave colors! That is one of the most striking yellow/black schemes I have ever seen. I just have to wonder what that would look like on lugged steel. The red wrap is a nice touch, hooks up well with the Easton bar. Just need some tires with red sidewalls to tie it all together. BTW, how do you like the perforated bar tape, comfortwise? I assume it is F'izik Microtec?

    Hi Slowmo1!

    After a couple of hundred more miles on Fizik's Microtec tape, I've decided to replace my cinelli cork tapes with fizik microtec. It's such a different feel. I've been using cinelli cork since 1998 and was a happy camper until the FIZIK. The ease of wrapping comes with every box . Plus it's also nice and comfy.

    Also, bought 2 more Easton EA70 bars and Deda Magic stems for the Orbea and the Somec. I finished the Orbea last night and wrapped the bars with silver Microtec. I swapped the red tires with the Guerciotti's black. It looked simple and clean.

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    got my hands on a scratch/dent guerciotti twister frame for a cool 1k, (AUD). hooked up some bits that i've got lying round, and presto. the most comfy ride to date.
    pics to follow.

  14. #14
    ze ze zen
    Reputation: SPECBender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    422
    how much for the wilier? pics?

  15. #15
    Descender
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,224
    Spec - you may want to check the date on this thread - doubt the Willier is still available

  16. #16
    Parlee fan!
    Reputation: santosjep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    725

    Yep... Wilier... long gone...

    Hi! I sold the Wilier to a local rider back in July of 07... ... and this Guerciotti Twister earlier this year...

    Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

  17. #17
    ze ze zen
    Reputation: SPECBender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    422
    oh damnit. way to go k1lo5...reserecting the dead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Sea Otter Classic

Hot Deals

Contest


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook