RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

my new moser tk2

satiating me until i can get a 953 built. just set it up in case it is a sunny day for the chilly hilly ride at the end of the month
    15.5 lbs on my digital bathroom scale as pictured sans pedals
    might be off a little, but not much--it is as light to lift as my vxrs which has record, aliante carbon, speedplay X2 pedals and eurus.

and yes, i will be sticking on some record calipers with cork pads if i actually ride it with the topos. i also may flip the stem as the drop is aggressive for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my new moser tk2-tk2-head.jpg   my new moser tk2-tk2-seat.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JP
    Lizzie will ride free
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcav
    just set it up in case it is a sunny day for the chilly hilly ride at the end of the month.
    Yeah, and monkeys are going to fly out of my butt.

I hope you are right though. If it's raining, I'm going to ride the Atlantis, so my bike would be, say, exactly twice as heavy. Heck, I should take off the big-ol-battery before that ride, ya think?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

might make you faster up baker hill

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Yeah, and monkeys are going to fly out of my butt.

I hope you are right though.
    it was sunny most of the day today even though the forecast when i went to bed last night said 90% chance of rain

my old merlin is ready in case it rains

Big is relative
    it was sunny most of the day today even though the forecast when i went to bed last night said 90% chance of rain

my old merlin is ready in case it rains

If it is sunny that day I plan on riding my red Pegoretti. If it rains, I will ride my red Pegoretti. I will look for you, the Moser would stand out better. If the weather is nice enough, I may even ride from the Navy Lodge to get sixty or so miles in.

Is the Moser NOS? I was toying with the idea of stripping the parts off the Pego in late april and mailing the parts to the ship in Sardinia. I would then go out to the local area to find a nice Aye-talian frame or have one made. The Pego needs a paintjob anyway.

BTW, my new house is out near Breidablik Elementary, how is the commute to PSNS from there? I am assuming Clear Creak - Frontier - Chico - Kitsap Way.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

yes NOS it is very light for steel

i just got this and a NOS serotta 853 (which has a few tiny chips from being moved around)
    night and day on weight--have ridden neither yet. had an older tk1 so know what to expect of moser.

anyway, not sure on the elementary you mention, as i live in poulsbo. but if that is over near Bangor, then yes your route is good, although portions of clear creek have almost no shoulder--i used to ride north on it and decided instead to take rt 3 or go over toward keyport on 308 and then up viking way. I like rt 3 except in winter it is so loaded with grit that wet weather riding coats my bike in crap far worse than the secondary roads.

I also think you could go down viking way to ridegtop to silverdale way--you miss most of the heavy mall stuff, then silverdale way will get you down to newberry/chico area

If you are staying at PSNS area, it might make sense to head toward east bremerton and up 303, brownsville rd to keyport, viking way to finn hill to fjord to 305 to the island--not sure distance wise but more scenic.

jim

my legs hurt
    damnit, with my casati and orbea zona I thought i was done lusting after steel road bike frames, but then you had to go an post this one. Now I want to replace my orbea frame with this. I love fillet brazing.
    I THINK PERHAPS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. PEOPLE'S WHOLE LIVES DO PASS IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES BEFORE THEY DIE. THE PROCESS IS CALLED "LIVING."

http://makeitsonumber1.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

yes i really am drawn to the silver soldering/brazing

i guess it is because lugs to me always put me in mind of how copper and pvc plumbing goes together--i know there is more to it of course, but the mitering and fit don't have to be great--you can't see in the lug to know...this probably matters about as much as what carbon tubes look like when you cut the frame in half.

but to me it is very aesthetically pleasing.

btw zmudshark may have a tk1 to sell--it is just a tad heavier being zero uno HT steel.

jim

Big is relative
    i just got this and a NOS serotta 853 (which has a few tiny chips from being moved around)
    night and day on weight--have ridden neither yet. had an older tk1 so know what to expect of moser.

anyway, not sure on the elementary you mention, as i live in poulsbo. but if that is over near Bangor, then yes your route is good, although portions of clear creek have almost no shoulder--i used to ride north on it and decided instead to take rt 3 or go over toward keyport on 308 and then up viking way. I like rt 3 except in winter it is so loaded with grit that wet weather riding coats my bike in crap far worse than the secondary roads.

I also think you could go down viking way to ridegtop to silverdale way--you miss most of the heavy mall stuff, then silverdale way will get you down to newberry/chico area

If you are staying at PSNS area, it might make sense to head toward east bremerton and up 303, brownsville rd to keyport, viking way to finn hill to fjord to 305 to the island--not sure distance wise but more scenic.

jim

I am staying at the Bangor Navy Lodge so I will just head out Trigger and cut over to Clear Creek to head towards the island. My new house is off Pioneer not far from the gravel pit. I used to love riding out there in years past, now I will live right in the middle of my favorite loops.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

i tried for a house near vinland elementary, off rhododendrum

prices were crazy--i house hunted in May--they wanted 520, then 509, and it was still for sale in August went i moved here--had come down to 435 (and as i told my wife, i'd have tried for it at that price, but not at 509)

anyway, i'd go out main gate toward keyport, left on viking way, right on finn hill/lindvig through old town poulsobo area, rt on fjord (just past the old town section as you start going up the steep hill), which turns into lemolo shores, then left up to 305 at any point off lemolo shores. rt on 305 to BI good shoulder area to ride the whole way.

or you could take clear creek and then rt on sherman hill rd, that is a fun curvy downhill to viking way (no light there though so cross viking with caution).

i will likely ride from my house (near north kitsap high school) to the start--could try to
    meet you?
    jim