RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

Nashbar 1" threaded carbon fork

Anyone have any experience with this fork? What are your thoughts? I'm in need of a 1" threaded fork and this looks like a really good deal. ($69.99) This would be replacing a carbon fork on a 2000 Bianchi Veloce which I'm told has a 43mm rake. I'm not sure what the axle to crown length is on either the Nashbar or the stock Bianchi fork, but I'm thinking that the Nashbar should be comparable. I've done some research and the reviews seem to be pretty good but I'd like to hear your feedback. My main concern is reliability. For what it's worth, I'm 170lbs and the bike will be used primarily on the trainer, but will be taken outside once/twice per week for 20 miles trips. Thanks.
    Last edited by BillyK; 03-20-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Cycling induced anoesis
    I replaced my '91 Serotta's fork with this fork and would highly recommend it. I didn't weigh it, but ride/ handling were comparable. Had it for about 3 years now and still use it on my trainer bike.

Axle to crown measures ~370mm's.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

Great Deal

I bought one for a 89 Masi. No problems what so ever installing the crown race or with the feel. I sold the bike with it in 2003.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks. This is the kind of feedback that I was hoping to hear. The fork seems like a great value. I'd stay with the stock fork but I'm just not comfortable with a used carbon fork, especially where I essentially have no information about the history. The fork does have some scratches so I'd rather just spend the $70 for the peace of mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Anyone know whether it takes a 26.4, or a 27.0 crown race?

Thanks