Thread: New bike day!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014

New bike day!

Father's Day was also new bike day! Took delivery of my new domane slr6! Did 36 miles with my daughter. The bike is sweet! I have never ridden any bike that climbs like the SLR. It has a nice feel to it and an even better ride. Coming from my Cervelo S5 to the domane is amazing. The handling characteristics of the domane are a lot more subtle than the S5. Takes a little getting used to but just a little. What a great Father's Day! What more could a dad ask!

JSR
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Congratulations, Dad!

Im riding an SL6 Disc and I love it. There is somehow always a sensation that if the ride offers an interesting turn farther afield the bike is good to go.

I noticed something interesting yesterday. Concentrating on high cadence while recovering from a big day in the mountains, I tried some spin-ups. The vertical compliance of the Domane made it extra hard to find a high spin rate that wouldn't bounce. Logic tells me there is some inefficiency built into that observation, but it's a trade off I'm happy to make.

Have fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Congrats, Fishboy! FYI, I know at least two people who said they like their new Trek or Cannondale better than their Cervelo.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2014
    Tried to post pics but can't, tried for 30 minutes and no go.

I think I like it better than the Cervelo. its a different kind of ride. It's a stiff and super responsive ride on the Cervelo, good for about 30 miles. My middle daughter and I are doing a couple century rides this fall and the S5 will not cut it for my 60 y-o butt! Domane is a sweet soft ride in comparison. I am currently making tweaks to the fit so it is getting better all the time.

I noticed the bounce a bit also. I am willing to make that trade also. Love the ride of this bike and a joy to climb on.