Calm like a Bomb..

New Frame Kuota Kredo or Cervelo R3..any Kuota People??

So after the sizing issues I had on my tarmac I went and got a professional fit from a reputable LBS. The are a dealer with many top brands (BMC, Cervelo, Kuoto, Look, Serotta) they had me best fit on a Cervelo R3 or the Kuota Kredo.

Of course I am familar with cervelo as you see them everywhere and always hear great things. My LBS sells a good deal of the Kuotas and highly recommends them. So the price difference is $100 less for the Kuota so not enough of a price point difference to decide by price.

Anyone have experience with both or just experience with the Kuota as I already know most people only have good things to say about the R3.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Do a search under Kouta in this forum. You will hear nothing but good things. I just got my hands on a K-Factor triathlon frame and it looks fantastic.

Calm like a Bomb..
    I have searched and found a few threads as it seems everyone is happy. I was just looking for more recent reviews since the searched threads are somewhat dated

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    What size did the pro fit give you? I am glad things are going to work out for you.

Calm like a Bomb..
    Thx..

Looks like the 51 Cerevlo R3 or the Kuota S is going to be my best bet

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

Kredo Review

I've had my Kredo for about a month now and after approx. 700 miles, I love it more every day. It's plenty stiff in the areas that matter but it's also compliant enough that it doesn't beat you up on longer rides. By comparison, my previous bike was a Trek 5500, which had a fair amount of bottom bracket flex and really never felt that "lively" under hard accelerations. In stark contrast, the Kredo gets the power to ground and I feel a huge difference when going all out or climbing. Handling is about what I would expect from a frame of this type - smooth, compliant and holds the line well.

So far my only complaint is the stock seat post, which is a single bolt system that always comes loose and is almost impossible to set so that my saddle is level. I've managed to make it work, but I plan on replacing it ASAP.

When deciding on my new bike I rode just about everything including: Cervelo Soloist and R3, the new Trek Madone, Specialized S-Works and Roubaix, Kuota KOM, Pinarello Paris, Cannondale System Six and a few others. The Kuota KOM was a really fun bike but the increased stiffness was too much for me, however if I was a hardcore racer I would consider it. At the end , it came down to the Pinarello Prince and the Kredo and I coudln't justify the $1,500-2,000 price difference for the Prince, but as you can probably tell, I don't regret my decision for a second.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'd be happy to help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I just purchased a Kebel, an upgrade from Cannondale R700 aluminium, and I love her. The power transfer is amazing and yet oh so comfortable. The carbon does not mute the road. I would instead say Kuota's weave is more like a good equalizer, heightening the important feel while lowering negative impact. Check my other thread for a further review of 2 days plus pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Frame Kuota Kredo or Cervelo R3..any Kuota People??-kuota-kebel-6b.jpg  
    Last edited by ahumblecycler; 09-03-2007 at 08:37 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Hhha ironically im on this same fence. Im down to Kredo, R3 or BMC Promachine. My wife has an R3 and loves it and from what ive rode of it and test bikes I absolutely love it. Ill get the SL if I get the R3.

But wow the kredo is great, price is right, and it seems a great race bike. Im just getting the frame set but just dont know. Im pretty much sure its kredo or R3 just have to ride them all a bit more. Im going to put my wheels on all 3 bikes this week or next and ride them 20-30 miles each on the same route and make my final decision.

Pretty much cant go wrong with either! Funny your down to my same two.

I have a friend with a Kebel that races it and has not had any seatpost issues. Ill check into that with my dealer. If I get the kredo, im also going to get that kuoto stem but will keep my old ITM if I get the R3.

Calm like a Bomb..
    It was due to fit which gave me only these 2 choices. I really wanted to have the BMC and an option but I guess I needed more of a frame with a sloping TT. I am goign to have to run the R3 with a 0 offset post if I go that route or the kredo can run with the normal set back.

You are lucky you have the luxury to ride these bikes at a great distance before deciding. Mine will have to be ordered so I am not so lucky. I will find out availability today, just saw the new pics of the RS also, looks like the 08 R3 will be white and the RS black. The 08 Kredo looked great also, very similar to the race finish but it had minimal red highlghts which made it look very nice

I just can't wiat that long for a new frame as I am bikeless at the moment.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ... I've got a Cervelo P2K, but commenting on it might be too close to comparing apples to oranges... however, I've always been impressed with the engineering, build and finish on the bike...

I've also got a Kuota Ksano and again, while it doesn't directly relate to the Kredo, am impressed by the build and finish... plus it rides like butta.