RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

New Frameset: 2011 Wilier Cento Uno vs. 2011 Blue AC1 vs. 2011 Lapierre Sensium

Background:
    I've been looking for a new frameset for quite a while, to upgrade to something that is full carbon. I'm currently riding a Scattante XRL aluminum frame with carbon fork. The bike has nice components, however, including full Dura Ace 7800, FSA K-Wing bars, Toupe saddle, Neuvation Wheelset.

Riding Style:
    I do not "race" at all, but am more a casual group rider. I like to go fast, but comfort is still important. My rides generally range from 25-70mi on mostly flat ground in FL. My current Scattante has a 553mm Top tube and definitely feels a little large for me. I'm riding a 110mm step and the K-Wing bars seem to be longer than most (to the hoods). These components will be swapped (at least for now) to the new build, so I'm taking that into consideration. I'm not sure how accurate my measurements were (done by my girlfriend), but the Competitive Cyclist Fit Calculator recommended 534-538mm TT with 112-118mm stem. I'm just under 5'10" with a 34" inseam (longer legs shorter torso).

Bikes:
    I can get all 3 bikes for roughly the same price. The Blue and the LaPierre would be brand new 2011 models, the Wilier is a 2011 and slightly used.

2011 Wilier Cento Uno(Lightly Used $1,000 local deal): Wilier 2010: Two New High-end Road Bikes - BikeRadar

2011 LaPierre Sensium (NEW $799 plus shipping): Lapierre 2011 Sensium (Sloping Top Tube) Carbon Frameset

2011 Blue AC1 (NEW $799 Free shipping): Blue AC1 Aero Frameset - Exclusive | CycleSport

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these frames, and I'm having a really hard time deciding. I started with the Sensium as my first find, and have moved away a little bit (sizing doesn't seem to work as well). The Blue seems like a pretty awesome deal, but non-tapered headset and mixed reviews regarding speed and flex. The Wilier seems to have great reviews, is a local deal. I can't ride any of the bikes, as I'd be buying as a frameset.

If anyone has any of these, or has ridden any, I would greatly appreciate your feedback!!!
    Last edited by toddious; 08-01-2012 at 08:29 AM.