Thread: New Leopard CL1

RoadBikeReview Member

New Leopard CL1

Just got a new Leopard CL1, I have been looking for a new bike for the last 6 months and chose this bike. I looked at a ton of bikes but could not get this bike of my mind. The bike is pretty awesome, full Ultegra Easton Ascent 2 wheels and other misc good stuff.

One of the biggest reason I bought the bike was there customer service, I emailed them over a three month period a ton of question and concerns. I always got very prompt replies and what I believe to be honest awnsers. It was nice being able to pick some of the components and sizes I wanted.

I have only gotten to ride the bike around my block so far and it feels great. I can not wait to take it on a real ride, soon very soon. Intial thoughts easy to assamble, great looking, very differnt looking tubing, great handelbars flat on top and awsome paint job. The company is for real check them out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Congrats on the new bike. Now give us some pics!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I tryed but for some reason I can not get them to upload. I think they are to big size wise, I will keep trying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

Congrats, What color did you get

Congrats, I actually went to their shop in The Bay Area to test ride mine. Was a little worried about buying without riding. Ride was great, decended like I've never felt before. The guys at Leopard were great, even thew in a free Voler jersey. Heres a pic of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Leopard CL1-leopardl1.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    I agree they are great people, I realllllllllly like the customer service I got from them. I got the translucent blue with silver decals and to my good suprise silver bar tape. So far the only thing I would change would be the color, it looks great but I think I should have gone with more of a wilder paint job , more like you got. I like the fact that I am riding some thing different. It is ashame that more more people do not know about them, great product and great customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

get some miles and post a review

I posted my review of the L1 bike in the products review section, Like to see what you think of the ride. Leopard didn't make the CL1 when I got mine last Oct. I got the same acentII wheels. I wore out the Contis that it came with, replaced with Conti 4000's. Orederd from ProBike Kit.com for almost half price. You can pick a color that will go with your paint job.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I will deffinetly post a review in a few weeks. I have already bought a pair of Michelon Krylon carbons that I will be putting on very soon. I will try to post a picture as soon as I learn how to down size my photos. Going for a short ride before work tomorrow and will go for a long on this weekend. .

Bacon!
    Yeah, thanks Super. When you rode up on that bike at the group ride a few weeks ago with the colors I've been looking at it broke my heart . I wanted to be the first person riding around Washoe Valley on a Leopard. Figured no one else around would have one and would be a lot more exciting than my Felt. Oh well, so I'll have to be the second person in town riding the Valley. Well, if, I can talk my wife into it.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Are you still loving it??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

still lovin it

Still, loving the new bike, maybe not so new since last Oct. I rode my old bike foe a few days and thought, oh this bike doesn't ride that bad, but then the next day I rode the Leopard and YES, the new bike really does ride a lot better, smoother. Climbs better with the 175 cranks. The bike gets lots of attention at group rides wuth taht paint job.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by supertour1976
    Still, loving the new bike, maybe not so new since last Oct. I rode my old bike foe a few days and thought, oh this bike doesn't ride that bad, but then the next day I rode the Leopard and YES, the new bike really does ride a lot better, smoother. Climbs better with the 175 cranks. The bike gets lots of attention at group rides wuth taht paint job.
    Awesome. Glad to hear it. I am thinking about checking them out this summer when I'm in Northern California.