RoadBikeReview Member

New Prevost Foco Steel Frame (Pics)

OK...there really isn't such a thing. The bike is actually a Specialized Allez Cr-Mo Foco steel frame that was powdercoated black. The decals are custom. Always wanted my own bike brand (last name...Prevost). I also always wanted a black steel bike. I like the way it turned out. Can't wait to get it built up. I like the more understated look.

Last edited by mprevost; 03-31-2006 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling error

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    That looks sharp! Can't wait to see a good well-lit pic of it built up. Did you weigh the bare frame? I've wanted to know how much my Allez foco weighs, but I don't feel like tearing it down to find out.

RoadBikeReview Member

bathroom scale says...

3.5 to 4.0 lbs. Scale has a minimum gradient of half a pound, so it fluctuates back and forth. Probably somewhere in between. I would imagine that the powdercoating is a bit heavier than the original paint though. .

RoadBikeReview Member

Nice...

I'm not familiar with Prevost frames. Where did you pick it up? I have a Foco bike also, you will love it!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Haha....what a great idea!!!....I want my name on a bike now........have fun with it.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    I weighed my Allez Foco stripped on a good scale.It was 4.1 lbs. in the 60cm size.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    The weather was nice today, but alas I'm working on a pretty bad cold so I took a few pics of my bikes instead of riding. Here is my 61cm (57actual) Allez Comp Cro-Mo. Smooooth ridin'!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Prevost Foco Steel Frame (Pics)-allez06web.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    I have not built my Allez Foco yet-actually the 4.1 lbs.is for a 61 cm frame.How do compare the ride of the Allez to other steel frames you have ridden?Any problems with BB flex or whippiness?The bike looks sweet!Thanks-Jordan

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Jordan-

The Foco frame is a little bit whippy. I'm not sure if that's the right word, but it is very springy feeling. The BB flexes but then it seems to "snap" back so you don't really get the feeling like your energy is wasted. I wouldn't suggest it for someone wanting a stiff crit bike or for a sprinter. But that said I really enjoy the ride -- really comfortable, and as long as you're not not going 110% you won't notice the flex. It's a great century bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Thanks for the ride quality report-it will help me decide on parts choices and wheel selection.It seems that the Allez Foco frames may have been one of the last relatively inexpensive production lightweight all steel frames made.I got mine as a new parts take-off bike from a Ebay seller and have not seen a better deal on a new steel frame since.

RoadBikeReview Member

Finally built...

Here is a pic of the bike built up. Nothing special. Just a real workhorse kind of build. Ultegra 9 throughout with Velomax Circuit wheels. I will ride this on group rides, tours, commuting, racing, rain, shine, whatever. At 180 lbs I expected some flex but I have been pleasantly surprised. The bike is plenty stiff. I had the head set and bottom bracket installed at the shop and swapped out the parts from my Kestrel myself. I guess I did OK because the bike shifts great. Zero adjustments necessary. I might eventually add a matching steel fork so I can sell the Kestrel fork with my Talon frame. I was also thinking about white bar tape and putting my Brooks B-17N on it. Wanted to try all balck first. The bike is a joy to ride as the fit is better than my Talon. Loved the Talon but I needed a slightly slacker seat tube and longer top tube. Bike is a great fit and the ride is excellent.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2003
    steel is a comfy ride!

congrats on riding prevost production #1